Tell me if this is the attitude on things.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something to consider bargaining for:

Some of the LDS's in MN will throw in a free class if your buying a BC + regulator with them. Since you need to purchase X 4 that class money saved could be significant.

{Husband in in the Air Force} --Starfish

Sounds right to me. You should feel like you are getting a fair deal for your buck. I agree with KeyLargoBrett - discreet bargaining. I told LDS up front what I wanted to buy from them. Asked them to put together a package, price it, put it on layaway. I know LDS tracks what I spend with them between classes, trips, gear, referals. I believe this also gave me more bargaining power. (That was a scary number!) I am very fortunate to have a great LDS willing to work with me. They also have a policy of taking back any gently used gear I would buy and not like and will make their pool time available to me to try out gear. How much more ameniable could they be? Then asked family to provide gift certificates to LDS for the Holidays. They ask what they can get anyway, why not make it easy on all of us?

Lot of great advice thanks.Going to hit the pearl Harbor NEX to see if they have any breathing packages...lol that's kinda like a lds.You see what I run into being on an island tourist mecca is way over inflated prices.Yes they do have an off season here but not to many good sales I've seen yet.But was told in Dec I might find some sales.As for other diver haven't met many yet only more instructors and their students.Going to start looking for a dive club so I do meet more people.

Jen

:doctor: Even I was in tanks, 1st of the 33d Armor , 3d AD in Germany! Where did all these tankers come from??

That was one of the great tips I got Xcel has outlet store on North Shore that sells last years models from their Waikiki store long story short wet suit that sells for 200 on Waikiki came home with me from North Shore for 40....Might look where your at and see if you can find out if any of your local stores have an outlet store.

Jen

I thought it was 'Nucli Secondus'?

I have no problem with you being firm about what you want. Just remember that you get what you pay for and quality is what you need. I find that competetive prices are often born from good contacts and relationships with suppliers. It's not what you know, but who you know...
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from down under,
The Gasman

me too! Armoured Corps, Australian Army. 2 Cav, B Sqn 3/4 Cav. I guess Scuba is just a different type of TANK (s)
:getsome:

I think you and the US army have a trade program.I always used to see the Aussie sand suits around the PX here in Hawaii.

Jen

We have nothing like this in out country. I love going over just to go shopping in them. Oh, and the diving is not to bad either.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom