Tell us how you use our reefs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ac1724

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PART OF AN IMPORTANT COMMUNITY PLANNING PROCESS FOR SOUTHEAST FLORIDA’S REEF?! PLEASE TAKE THE SURVEY AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU USE OUR FLORIDA REEFS.
I am a graduate student at Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center. My thesis project is based on an online spatial socioeconomic survey looking at how local residents and guests use the reefs in the southeast Florida region. I am trying to get more stakeholders involved in the Our Florida Reefs marine spatial planning process by taking this important survey.
The survey is being conducted as part of a local initiative for our area, known as Our Florida Reefs. Hosted by the Southeast Florida Coral Reef Initiative (SEFCRI), this planning process brings together the community of local residents, reef users, business owners, visitors and the broader public in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin counties to develop management recommendations that can become part of a comprehensive management strategy to ensure healthy coral reefs in the future. By providing information on where you fish, dive, boat, surf, etc. you will be part of the data used by the Our Florida Reefs Community Working Groups to enhance recommendations on managing our reefs to better balance resource use and protection. You can visit the Our Florida Reefs webpage at www.ourfloridareefs.org/tool to take the survey and learn more!
tool

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom