Tell us your most embarassing bloopers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being caught having "extra curricular activities" after class with my instructor by the instructors boss was a bit of blooper to say the least!!!

I'm DM'ing with a bunch of students. The instructor is explaining how to do a descent while we're all on the surface. S - signal she says, O - orient she says, R - reg in mouth she says, T - mark your time, D - descend which I promptly do with the students.

As I'm sitting on the bottom I get a mouth full of water. I forgot to change from snorkel to reg. Needless to say I switched and hacked through the reg.

The students ribbed me hard that night when we went for beers.

While taking my OW class we had to walk across some reef to get into deeper water. While walking I spotted a Star Fish and tried to point it out to my dive buddy. She turned around to get a good look just as a wave hit her in the back. Her being a smallish person with the weight of a full scuba unit pushing her off balance, the wave knocked her over. I tried to stop her fal by grabbing her shoulder to steady her. Unfortunately, I stepped in a hole while doing so and fell into her. This stopped her fall, but I really didn't notice as I was trying to clear my vision after catching her tank valve in the forehead. We were the first ones in the group with everyone behind us to see the incident. This also meant that nobody could see my face. As we got over the drop-off into deeper water I started feeling somethhing dripping off of my nose and passed off as water. The instructor, who had been in front of me when this happened turned around to brief us on the dive and immediatly(sp?) asked what happened. I told him and asked why only to hear him tell the Divemaster to take me out of the water, I will not be diving. I wondered why until I wiped the "water" running off my nose and my glove came away red.

Needless to say, I now bear a striking resemblance to Harry Potter between the eyes.

My instructor/dive buddy now refuses to walk near me or take me into rough water for a shore entry. Something about klutz?

Not mine, but pretty funny if you haven't already seen it.

Diving at one of the local spots we tried to enter as cloe to our objective as possible but the entry poitn was bad. Too steep down to the water and a couple of feet of muck for a soft bottom, so at the end of the dive we decide to exit at a different point.

Well the selected exit point has a better bottom but the slope is still somewhat steep. I decide to fling my fins up onto shore as far as I can so I have both hands free to help with the exit.

I reach back as far as I can with my right hand holding the fins and "swing for the fences" as they say. When I released them the fins went flying and landing a good distance up the slope....

Unfortuantely the flashlight that was strapped to my right wrist didn't make the same maneuver. It reached the end of the lanyard and swung back around... 3mm hood isn't sufficient protection from a flashlight stuffed with 8 AA Batteries! I almost knocked myself out cold!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom