Temperature of Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Sharm as well. Water temp was 24, except at Thistlegorm, where it was 23. I was getting a bit chilly towards the end of the dives wearing only my full 5mm and a 5mm hood, but it was alright. Keep the wind in mind though, because if it picks up when you're back on the boat, you're in for quite a chill!

Just got back from Sharm as well. Water temp was 24, except at Thistlegorm, where it was 23. I was getting a bit chilly towards the end of the dives wearing only my full 5mm and a 5mm hood, but it was alright. Keep the wind in mind though, because if it picks up when you're back on the boat, you're in for quite a chill!

cool thanks for the info - good to hear, I think I'm taking all my wet suits, i'll stop short of the dry suit!

how was the civil unrest in sharm for you?

cool thanks for the info - good to hear, I think I'm taking all my wet suits, i'll stop short of the dry suit!

how was the civil unrest in sharm for you?

Well, besides a lot of rumors of fights going on in the old Sharm, which no one could really confirm at the time being, everything was fine. I was able to dive everyday, exactly as planned.

I left on tuesday though, and everything was closed down, the town had kind of a ghosty feeling to it. A lot of Egyptians workers had gone back to protect their families, or to protest in Cairo.

Also, the taxi drivers told me that because the Suez Tunnel was shut down, there weren't getting any gas, but I suspect it was just a lot of c*** to trick me into paying more?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom