Tenkiller Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RicHeaD

Reaction score
Above the water, the lake is in great shape. Below it's, bad,bad,bad. Vis at Old Cookson (the town underwater) was 1 to 2 feet. I then went on to the Terrapin Bridge site. Above 25 feet vis @2 to 4 feet below 35 feet 1 foot vis. and of course the bridge is at 60 feet. It was not a good weekend for diving. I talked to the dive shop owner and he said it has been like that since the july 4th weekend. If you like camping by all means go for it but, if you're looking to dive I would wait till Fall. Headed for Ouachita next weekend if the weather holds up. :dazzler1:

Thanks for the report, I've been wondering what diving was like at Ten Killer.

Yug!!! That vis is terrible.

From what I've heard from ppl. in the past the vis can be 20+ or better in some places.

Did the dive op. say if the rain may have had an effect? That's supposed to be one of the best lakes to dive in.

Oh well, low vis=catfish. :D

I was just there over this last weekend, (8/21 and 8/22) and the visibility was 4-6 ft from the surface to 40ft at fisherman's point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom