Tennaco Towers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutbill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning a trip to the tennaco towers in June. Any good resources on line, I have searched and only found articles some pics and videos.

I am looking for a detailed map or dive site layout in order to plan a couple of dives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

There are three towers. The tower closets to the shore stands in about 105' of water. The wreck is essentially a square platform with four legs extending down approximately 40' to a sandy bottom. Depending on where you tie in you'll contact the wreck between 70-80' and have a nice relief to work with on the wreck. There is a cutout in the center of the wreck which we'll call a staircase and it provides access underneath the platform (which is open on all sides).

The middle tower stands in about 112' of water. This is the more visually interesting wreck for my money. The wreck has more relief and it stands proudly in the water with a large square (hard to explain) next to the platform. This wreck has much more to explore. My suggestion is pickup a bottle of 28 - 30% Nitrox and go deep first, all the way to the bottom, and work your way around the two squares back to the ascent point.

The third tower stands in about 196' of water and is pretty much outside of recreational limits even to the top of the tower.

It is not very practical to attempt a swim between the towers, i.e. from a recreational dive perspective. The towers are treated a individual sites.

You might check with one of the folks at MDC artificial reef program, as a net was just commercially removed from the site, there may be some "official" site documentation. I have never seen any document or photos that would help you in planning a dive there beyond the depth. I have a couple contacts there, PM me if you are interested enough to make phone calls.. I have dove there many times is there something in particular you had in mind as a goal?

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make a smart dive plan. I am assuming we will be doing one dive on each of the shallower two towers. I was thinking of dropping down one side of the tower, coming up through the stair case, working my way to the top. Ideally so the beginning of the dive is the deepest and working my way back up?

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom