Teric AI failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-6873

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Q: Has anyone had their Teric AI integration fail? It has happened on my wifes most recent model. We know it’s the watch since mine can easily see her transmitter as well as mine and hers can not see either. We have updated the firmware to the most recent version and done factory resets .... it seems one thing fails and then another. I love Shearwater support and the computers themselves but I’m not sure if they are up to daily use As we’ve both gone through multiple replacement/repairs. Anyone else?

Q: Has anyone had their Teric AI integration fail? It has happened on my wifes most recent model. We know it’s the watch since mine can easily see her transmitter as well as mine and hers can not see either. We have updated the firmware to the most recent version and done factory resets .... it seems one thing fails and then another. I love Shearwater support and the computers themselves but I’m not sure if they are up to daily use As we’ve both gone through multiple replacement/repairs. Anyone else?
I don’t think AI failures are a very common Teric issue (like the battery drain issues) but I believe that @scubadada had an Ai failure with his.

Take the battery out of the transmitter and wait a minute…put it back in and try to re-pair it to the computer.

I don’t think AI failures are a very common Teric issue (like the battery drain issues) but I believe that @scubadada had an Ai failure with his.
Yes, I have actually had two antenna failures, see Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

When you have a failure like this, the computer will still connect to the transmitter if it is in direct contact or very close. It will lose the connection when the computer is moved away from the transmitter.

Both of my antenna failures were taken care of quickly and efficiently by Dive-Tronix and Shearwater.

Yes, I have actually had two antenna failures, see Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

When you have a failure like this, the computer will still connect to the transmitter if it is in direct contact or very close. It will lose the connection when the computer is moved away from the transmitter.

Both of my antenna failures were taken care of quickly and efficiently by Dive-Tronix and Shearwater.
Thanks for the input.

The problem we have, living in the southern Caribbean is that repairs are costly and take time. Getting the devices back to the US, repaired, then back on island… easily a 3-4 week process plus shipping fees.

The Dive-Tronix team is great and does a good job - it’s just sad for the frequency of some issues, batteries are a whole different challenge the device still has.

Thanks for the input.

The problem we have, living in the southern Caribbean is that repairs are costly and take time. Getting the devices back to the US, repaired, then back on island… easily a 3-4 week process plus shipping fees.

The Dive-Tronix team is great and does a good job - it’s just sad for the frequency of some issues, batteries are a whole different challenge the device still has.
I loved my teric but these stories spooked me so I went perdix 2. No complaints and the new glass enhanced the screen.

Hi @FlaParrotHead

I assumed you went straight through Shearwater from Bonaire. Your wife's computer will need a new circuit board and antenna, or the computer will have to be replaced. Did you try running it in contact with the transmitter to confirm the problem?

I would probably send the RMA request directly to Shearwater and see what they say RMA Request Form - Shearwater Research They may send you a replacement directly while your wife's is in route back to them.

I have had more than my share of problems with my Terics but the service from Dive-Tronix and/or Shearwater has always been absolutely excellent. Without that, I would likely given up quite a while ago.

Are you already represented in the poll? Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

This also just happened to my wife's Teric. I assumed swift battery. Replaced the battery still did not connect. I tested the swift with my Teric and the swift connects. With the Teric and swifts this will be our 5th hardware failure in two years.

Great customer service each time but not encouraging to have such a high failure rate.

John

Back
Top Bottom