Teric AI failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This also just happened to my wife's Teric. I assumed swift battery. Replaced the battery still did not connect. I tested the swift with my Teric and the swift connects. With the Teric and swifts this will be our 5th hardware failure in two years.

Great customer service each time but not encouraging to have such a high failure rate.

John
Hi @jrouss28

Are you already represented in the Teric repair/replacement poll?

Q: Has anyone had their Teric AI integration fail? It has happened on my wifes most recent model. … Anyone else?

This also just happened to my wife's Teric. …
Clearly the problem is with the Wives … (DCs Ahem!) … it’s not a Shearwater issue as all the fanboys here will attest.

Sunnto on the other hand is known to pair well with Wives (DCs) …

:outtahere:

Hi @jrouss28

Are you already represented in the Teric repair/replacement poll?
Not yet, I called and left a VM. Five failures warrant a discussion, I am not sure what their plan will be yet,

Clearly the problem is with the Wives … it’s not a Shearwater issue as all the fanboys here will attest.

Sunnto on the other hand is known to pair well with wives (DCs) …

:outtahere:
Lol! I do love the Teric myself but, wow! Ultimately, I just want to go more than one trip without some reason to call Shearwater for a problem!

My Teric had problems twice during diving trips. First one was fried depth sensor & second one was the broken antenna. I travel a lot though (13 times in 2022 & 8 times in 2023), logging 300 dives in 2022 & 200 dives in 2023. So the chances of my Teric crapping out during a dive trip, I bet, is higher than average recreational divers. The fried depth gauge happened when I was in Komodo, Indonesia. The broken antenna happened when I was in Sea of Cortez, Mexico.

I now carry SUUNTO D4i as a backup. I bought it from eBay for $250. I used to have an old SUUNTO D4, but I lost it in Galapagos. It was disappeared from my storage bin in Galapagos Master.

This also just happened to my wife's Teric. I assumed swift battery. Replaced the battery still did not connect. I tested the swift with my Teric and the swift connects. With the Teric and swifts this will be our 5th hardware failure in two years.

Great customer service each time but not encouraging to have such a high failure rate.

John
Come to the Perdix 2, embrace the dark side!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom