Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bad Teric is dropping 20% a week now.

Teric 1 Teric 2 38% on 10/16 94% on 10/16 30% on 10/23 92% on 10/23 22% on 10/30 90% on 10/30 <charging Teric 1> ************** 100% on 10/30 ************** 80% on 11/6 88% on 11/6 60% on 11/13 86% on 11/13

Hi @O-ring

How old is your bad Teric, about how many dives? How old is your good Teric, about how many dives?
Old teric - 4 years in Jan; battery replaced once by Divetronix in 7/21; 100 dives (give or take)
New teric - 9 mos; 50 dives (give or take)

I got back my Teric from Dive-Tronix yesterday, another example of excellent, fast service. I mailed it off last Wednesday and had it back in hand 1 week later.

So, I don't have Teric 8, but a repaired Teric 7. According to the work order, "Unit will only receive AI signal when placed against working transmitter. Air integration antenna was found to have broken loose from the solder joint on the circuit board. Antenna was re-soldered, and unit now works as it should. This appears to be an assembly failure."

The dive log on the computer was still intact. Everything else had to be set up, it did not take long, I've practiced.

This will be the one. :)
I'm looking at a Teric from my local dive shop. How do I know if it's a 1-5, 6, 7, or 8? Is there anyway to tell? Thanks Everyone!!!

I'm looking at a Teric from my local dive shop. How do I know if it's a 1-5, 6, 7, or 8? Is there anyway to tell? Thanks Everyone!!!
There is no such thing as a Teric 1-5, 6, 7, or 8. They are all just Terics. Those numbers were given by scubadada to identify how many Terics he has had.

I'm very sorry for the confusion, @tursiops is absolutely right

I just have 1 Teric that has gone through several repairs & battery replacement in the past 2.5 years (580 dives), specifically:
- Battery
- Depth gauge
- Battery
- Antenna

Has anyone else had the melted depth gauge that @Dan had?

There is no such thing as a Teric 1-5, 6, 7, or 8. They are all just Terics. Those numbers were given by scubadada to identify how many Terics he has had.

Given all of these issues, maybe Shearwater should introduce a Teric 2 with the required redesigns to fix the frequent issues. Just a thought. That's not uncommon in the world of electronics.

Back
Top Bottom