Terrible Dive Trip in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassicMisfit:
I liked your comment because you found Anilao to be better than P. Galera...you summed up for me the question "Overall, taking into consideration prices, accessibility, and travel time, which is better if I'm coming from Quezon City?"

I'm going to Anilao and seems from the posts here that Balai is a popular spot. I'm bringing along a family friend who just got out of the US Navy, so he's an experienced diver. I have have some questions for you...please feel free to redirect me to other people that I can ask.

1) Do I pay a basic fee for an organized dive trip/tour?
2) Does this trip include the DM (divemaster?)?
3) My friend is the only experienced diver, but the rest of the group will be newbies. Do we pay the same basic fee for the organized dive trip/tour?
4) If I have a car, is it better if I drive to Batangas? Is Anilao on the mainland or do I do a transfer....that means I have to park the car somwhere?
5) Or is just more efficient to get the package transportation to and from Manila?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Out of the 35 dive resorts, maybe 5 will charge you on a per dive basis. They will charge the same rates weather you are 1 or 10. This avoids the confusion with rates and especially if one or two in your group back out. This also avoids getting groups of different experiences and interests into a single boat.

Solana Bezo Resort

Shame to travel all that way and not dive over ten bucks... after all whats a few bucks in your pocket compared to the lifetime memories of the dives. And Anilao rocks!

Strictly talking dive sites - We have dived both dive sites PG/VERDE and ANILAO. I have to say that the PG area is better than ANILAO. It is worth the little bit of extra effort to get to PG. There are not many dive sites that compare to Canyons and Sinandigan. The Washing Machine simply rocks!

Take your divers there!! Sounds like they need some new and exciting dive sites. Make it CHALLENGING!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom