TG photos, Show us what you shot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your photos look super crisp. Are you doing a lot of sharpening in photoshop? If not, how are you getting them that crisp? Mine look muddy... maybe I need better strobe placement?
Thank you so much. I didn't do any photoshop. I use a +6 macro diopter for these. Opinions differ on the utility of additional macro lens but i found that it gave me slightly better sharpness. I don't own a strobe yet, still saving up for a good one. Currently using a hand held video light and moving it around until i find an angle that works.

what settings are you using.
I use the macro underwater settings, but have heard that if using a diopter to use the aperture setting

what settings are you using.
I use the macro underwater settings, but have heard that if using a diopter to use the aperture setting
The dial is set to A. I think that is the aperture priority mode. The settings i found in the image info are ISO100 -1.3ev F3.1 1/500s. If you're using a strobe i think these settings will make your photos overexposed(?). Backscatter has a couple of videos on youtube on TG6 settings whether you're using a strobe or video light. I'm still new at this and I'm not really good at explaining but i hope this helps.

That helps much.. I will look again into the Aperture priority setting.. I played with it, but not much success.. Ugh...

Hypeselodoris apolegma nudibranch, Anilao, Philippines, January 2024. Olympus TG-5 + darktable (OC)
1708006341118.png

Topside photography.
I set the camera up on the tripod, hit the remote feature and waited for Fly Buddy to arrive. My next challenge is to catch Fly Buddy with stop actions, wings out. I got a new nectar feeder. Like this style much better. Leakproof, and has a clear view to the other side. It also has an edge for the birds to rest on. Great, unless you are trying to get them flying in place. LOL
Phone screen capture
1710949143389.png

Bunaken October 2023. My first time using a camera (TG-5 with housing) while diving. Looking to learn more!
1710952090238.jpeg

1710952103473.jpeg

1710952116436.jpeg

1710952135538.jpeg

1710952153899.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom