TGI Diving Centre at Henry Morgan Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N Side Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all;
Does anyone know anything about the "TGI Diving Roatan - Paradise Beach" Dive Shop on Roatan? I can get a great deal to the resort but I really want to make sure that I go with a good dive operation. This shop seems relatively inexpensive, which gets me wondering about quality of gear, locations, boats etc. Do they use cattle boats or are do they a small number of divers per boat?
:confused:

Any information would sure be of help (even about the resort itself).
Thanks in advance

Try this recent thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=178617 It doesn't have much info, but after reading it you'll understand why. Their clientelle is simply not very likely to be reading SCUBABoard.

....and maybe now some others who have been will also join in!

Nothing about this particular operation, but think about the words and shorthand that we try to use. "Cattleboats" come in all shapes and sizes. A better question might be~ What is the character of their boats, the ladders, the racks, the storage, fresh water, rinse tanks, camera only areas, oxygen, vhf, etc, etc? Once again, not talking about this resort in any way, its just that we gotta ask what we want to know. I have been on boats that disgorged 45 and up to 60 (sixty!) divers at one time (in a 15 minute period). It worked just fine. I have also been on small boats that were packed to the max- depending on the operation and the abilities of the guests, it was either a nightmare or adequate.

Thanks RoatanMan;
I was hoping some Canadians might have visitied there recently and could report. The reviews of the resort seem very positive, but I hear nothing about the Dive Op on the resort (TGI Dive Centre).
Oh well, hopefully I'll find some more information elsewhere or maybe I should just go and write a report for this board when I get back...:)

Hey N Side Diver,

TGI is associated with the Henry Morgan Hotel. That's a big operation with flights coming direct from Milan, Italy. They are located in West-Bay. Things tend to be more expensive in West-Bay when compared to West-End. The larger resorts are located over there and they have a beautiful beach. When cruise ships arrive on the island, the beaches are packed with visitors. One of my friends, Chrissy, use to work for them. She's now moved to Las Rocas, also in West-Bay. I'm not sure about their equipment but doubt it's not adequate. The Henry Morgan has invested lots of money here, more than lots of operations, and I don't think they decided to cut corners on their dive-shop. There is a Mares Dealer in West-End who is also associated with TGI. I don't work for them, I'm over at Coconut Tree Divers in West-End. With the boat question in mind, they do have a fast big boat which they use for local diving and trips to Cayos Cochinos. The Henry Morgan is real big for here and it's very nice. I doubt you would regret staying there other than cost wise.

I hope that helps with some of your questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom