Thank You Global Warming.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmest January on record in the PNW ... that's over 150 years of record-keeping. I'm out in the north central part of the state right now ... up in the mountains. I came here to go snowshoeing. There's usually 8 to 10 feet of snow on the ground this time of year. As of today, there's less than a foot, and it rained today.

Gonna be a real bad wildfire season again this summer ... this part of the country relies on snowpack for a significant part of their water supply.

Y'all really need to learn the difference between weather and climate ... then again, ignorance is bliss ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here in the Keys we have had one of the coldest spells ever. Maybe they were right in the 70s about global cooling

My opinion is that the world has always gone thru different temp. changes.

Of course it has, Mopar... but major swings in temperature normally occur over longer time scales... with the exception of catastrophic events like asteroid or meteor impacts that affect global conditions.

The fact is that there is warming going on! The question is, is it caused by man. At this point, I belive neither side of the debate, though I tend to lean more toward the "it's a natural change. I am not convinced the science used to prove it is man made is 100% reliable.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have deleted several political posts and those referencing them. If you wish to debate the political aspect of an environmental issue, then I'll move the discussion to The Pub where it can continue

Yes. It use to be all I would drive before gas got so high. Now I drive a recalled Toyota.
Don't get too excited,

CTS Corp., the company that supplied Toyota with the faulty accelerator pedals has issued a statement stating that the fault accelerator pedals cannot be “linked with any sudden unintended acceleration incidents.” They claim that, while they build the pedals based on design details from Toyota, they are not aware of any accidents or injuries caused due to the faulty pedals.

CTS corp BTW is from Elkhart, Indiana, USA.

Last edited:
Being scuba divers I would imagine most of you are familiar with the fact that the ocean covers 71% of the earth and comprises 97% of the earths water. Therefore watching the temperature of the ocean will tell us what is happening to the earth. See charts below. Also feel free to poke around NOAA's site that shows the "Sea Surface Temperatures" (SST) and also at what point coral bleaching happens. After reviewing this information please come back and tell us how the oceans are lying to us? Also while you are at it please try to convince us that the ocean are not being over fished.
NOAA SST Temps by location

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SST6.jpg
    SST6.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 65
  • SST2.jpg
    SST2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 61
  • SST4.jpg