That's it. I'm sick and tired. I quit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to bump this thread up to the surface for my bud Bob who joined SB the other day. I guess he just started with the 'patch'. I told him there was alot of good advice here. So here you go Bober....

How is everyone doing in the quit club anyway?:confused:

Aquabella once bubbled...
<snip>How is everyone doing in the quit club anyway?:confused:

7 mths without a smoke, 3 of those without the patch.:)

Today is my last day on the patch...tomorrow, I'm free!!!

Smoke-free here. No craves whatsoever. I'm free. :)

I still need to keep a silent watch for a total of 90 days... That's still a couple of months out. But I don't crave, and I don't see any problem completing the psychological withdrawl.

Congratualtions, Bob, on making the first step towards health... That's always the hardest one. :(

It's so very cool to see y'all jumped on the bandwagon. :D

I salut those who have relised that smoking is a terrible habit that deminishes so much of your essence with every drag.

don't be dependant on anything!!

keep up the good work

JeffG once bubbled...

7 mths without a smoke, 3 of those without the patch.:)

You spent four months on the patch?! Umm...how the heck...you're only supposed to use it for 2 1/2....

I just read this thread again. Man, looking back on this is quite unbelievable. From the other side of a computer monitor, it might not really get through all of the "stuff" that happened. Those kickin' around the idea of what we went through and whether or not it's worth it... Well, you need to see this:

This is me today, as a nonsmoker. Notice the white smile. :D

This is me, today, as a nonsmoker, with the killer new Vyper bottom timer I bought myself for quitting smoking.

This is me, today, as a nonsmoker, with the brand new Gary Hoadley backplate and Halcyon Pioneer 27 (not to mention a pair of Scout lights, Stealth Pack, 61 lb. semi-closed lift bag, side hard pocket, and a whole slew of other accessories) that I bought with the money I saved from quitting smoking. I definitely spent some money on this transaction... But this will be paid for in full by the money I save by quitting smoking in just four months. In just one year's time, my smoking habit cost me a whopping $1800. Frankly, that covers all my new gear, a dive trip to the Florida Keys (WW, I'm comin' your way... Show me the best wrecks!), and even leaves me with enough money left over to go to the dentist and get a "white-n-brite" on my teeth, to get rid of any leftover tobacco stains.

Sound like a dream? Well, it is. And no, I do not crave.

Y'all need to come with me... Anyone else thinkin' about quitting smoking? I'm callin' you out... :D

Omicron once bubbled...

You spent four months on the patch?! Umm...how the heck...you're only supposed to use it for 2 1/2....

I changed the pattern a bit.

6 Wk @ 21 mg (I cut a chunk off so it was ~ 17mg)
2 wks @ 14
2 Wk @10
2 wk @ 7
2 wk @ 4

Oops 3.5 mths.....Rounding Error OK

I did it this way so that I could not use the "jump" between levels as an excuse to start smoking again.

Jeff

I didn't make it. I went 2 weeks and then bought a can of dip. I am not giving up though. I had a slip and I am going back off real soon.

Thank you to all who gave support. I am beating myself up a little for falling short but I will be back. :(

Chad

Hey, man... No big deal. So what if you bought anpther can of dip? I sincerely hope you enjoyed it. Now throw it away and get back on the bandwagon...

It doesn't have to be such a big deal. Just chuck the can. Get back up, dust yourself off, and get back on the bandwagon...

:D

We're still cheering you on... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom