The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I've big problem with my interface IRIS of MARES.
When i try to download my dives, it writes after downloading :
"error accessing serial port. try to reinstall the IRIS".
i reinstall IRIS 1.0 , 1.02 and the 1.03.
it running on WIN XP sp1.
Help me please....
thanks

are you using the serial port for any other devices (conflict)? Also, have you verified that the serial port isn't disabled? These are common problems I've ran into with suunto dive computers anyway. These problems are PC problems rather than suunto or interface problems, however. If you have installed other devices or software that use this port, they may be preventing the iris software from using the port. just some thoughts...

good luck with it, I tried to download the software to my computer from their website just to see if I would want to buy the kit. When installed it never would run on my computer, kept giving me error messages and closing down. Since then I've been scared to spend $100+ to buy it. If you go to their website and try to download the patches for it, it may help you. Then again you may run into the same problem that happened on my computer. If you have all current updates try tech support (I'm sure they have one)

Hi there.
I have a Mares M1 computer.
The PC interface is a bit expensive.
Does anyone knows how to build one or any other workaround :doctor: ?
thanks in advance

According to M1's manual, it's the PC software that begins the transaction with the craddle.
So, either you crack the software or you do an interface.
Well, at least that's what i think but i could be wrong.
i tryed my laptops IRDA and i got no response from the software nor the dive computer.

HI.
But the mares works with a thingy called IRIS wich is an infrared device?
Does the Stinger works that way also???

heres a pic of the IRIS:
iris.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom