The all-inclusive IRIS software/interface trouble shooting note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ingrue once bubbled...
Someone tried if a standard IRDA interface works with M1?

Thanks in advance

I have tried to use a standard IR port to read my data off my Dacor Darwin (similar to the Mares M1) and it did not work. I have the IRIS as well but wanted to see if I could do it this way and it did not work

:doctor:

I've got the M1 and the IRIS and I have to admit......I'm not impressed. I played with it when I first got it.....but I really don't think I'll use it very often with the exception of specific dives I want info from.

When I first loaded the software I had issues with it giving me error messages when I would try to even start the software. With Mares being in Italy, help was not an option. I was ready to return the software for a refund when I decided to scrub my harddrive and reload ALL software.

The manual and help within the software.....for simple operation is sketchy at best and I think I'm pretty good with software. I just basically spooked around on the thing to figure out what was what.

After that it worked.....go figure.

Last week I recieve IRIS interface (software ver.1.0),
but unfortunately its dont work.
I have install sucsessfully software on Win98 and Win2000, and Win XP, but the results is the same: after finish download data from MC1, program is report-"Run time error '13' Type mismatch". Downloaded version 2.0 listed same error.

Could Anybody help me?

I have this setup myself and if I remember correctly I had to reset the baud rate(set it at its lowest setting first) on the comm port I was using (I have it setup on Win98, WinXP home/Pro and it works fine). One other possibly stupid suggestion, check and be sure that the unit was close enough and/or lined up properly for the connection.

Hope this helps.:) If it doesn't I'll check my settings later on when I get home from work and post what they are.

Cheers

Hello,

The IRIS pc interface will not be that different than a standard IrDA device. They may send the data at a different frequency, but a decent Electrical Engineer could figure that out and making your own wouldn't be too hard.
For anyone with the IRIS software, are you able to tell it which COM port the IRIS device is located on? Could you replace it with a regular IrDA serial device and run the software as usual? The usual Serial Communications code has some handshaking involved, I'm hoping this is the only thing keeping people from using any IR device to download data.
If you have the IRIS pc interface and software, and you are willing to spend some time, I would happily write the code that talks the Serial IR device. The fact that Mares is trying to charge $100 for an IR device and some simple software is a rip-off. I would happily buy their Dive Computer if they charged $20 for the pc-interface, but I'm not gonna buy it now unless I can build one myself.

If you are interested in developing this with me, shoot me an email at campbell.475@osu.edu

Good luck,
James

Finally I've found the problem.
The Short Date Style in Regional Settings (In Windows) must be 'mm/dd/yyyy' otherwise (I was set dd/mm/yyyy) type mismatch error is appear.
Also if want correct dives order in logbook, Regional Settings must be set to English (If choose english language).

I have been using v2.0.0 of Iris for a couple of months on my PC (Win XP Home) and all has been working fine, however I have just reloaded my PC with XP and reinstalled the IRIS software and get the following problem -

On first start of the software, it asks me for my computer model, which I select as M1 (no problems here). The application then closes, and whenever I restart it after this point, the software effectively "offends" XP and I get a message to say the infrared service is not operating properly, to report the prob to Microsoft ... and "sorry for any inconvenience" ... !!!.

The error mentions the file (from memory ... Im not in front of the same PC at present) msvbvm60.dll if that means anything.

This is a totally clean install of XP, with the Iris software loaded almost immediately after completing the operating system install. I have enven tried downloading other versions of this file from the net, but nothing seems to make any difference.

Has anyone got any possible ideas on what might be causing this problem and any solutions to try ?

Cheers
Andrew

Did you update XP after you did the clean install? There are probably umpty-billion errors corrected since the original release.

I installed the software for the Dacor Darwin on a PC using WIN98SE as OS and with wireless mouse and keyboard...

Needless to say that installing the software was a pain in the a**...
There was one Visual Basic DLL missing and so on..

After installing the software I configured it in order to work on COM1...

I select the option to download the data from the wrist computer, I put the the dive computer in "PC" mode, put dive computer and interface one under the other but download does not start...

I tried changing com, opening the infrared device just to see if it was the envelope that blocked the data transfer but nothing happened...

Can anybody help on this matter ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Back
Top Bottom