The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another big deal is never get one from the "wall"...draw or get one drawn that YOU like. Otherwise you will run across someone somewhere with the same one.

I tend to agree with Dwain....... I got one while off ship in SoCal over a 1/4 century ago and there have been many times that I really wished that I hadn't had it............. These days the sexiest thing I find is a beautiful women! is no tatoos.....it seems as most women have them....... and it kind of takes the mystique out of it..... now when I see a women with a tattoo ....well it's just another women with a tattoo.
For those that have them (including me!) please take no offence..... as it's Just My O2 cents
Rob

P.S. I did meet a women in Mexico that had a great one, she had a cherry tattooed inside her right thigh..... and when I asked her about it.....she kind of floored me with her answer.....her reply was "well I never lost my cherry, I just moved it" I was to say the least speechless.

I have a tattoo on my left outside of my thigh. It is the Canadian Maple leaf made to look like a dive flag. It's only 2". I did go diving one week<7 days> after getting it.. but I had used a special patch thing by johnson and johnson.. makes a scab and heals the wound faster.. But for the dive I put a vaseline dressing on it before suiting up and it kept it dry. I am considering a second one..but not sure....I have been babying it since October putting vitamine E gel on it..and eventually sun screen when summer come. BF doesn't like it much cause it's the two worst colors to have in a tattoo.. RED AND WHITE :p oh well..

I designed the tattoo.. after a friend of mine suggested it.. I know I may not be the only one with that design, but I would never go off the wall.. $60 for my flag.. want to get the maltese cross for firefighting eventually..

i do have a small tattoo on my left inner wrist. i love it, and is not so visible, and there it can easily be covered with a watch (a diver watch works really good) but since i like it a lot, i haven't had to hide it for 5 years... just pick something you really like... (mine is a blue spyral)

JulieParkhurst:
I have often thought about getting a tattoo of a Sea Turtle somewhere on my body but I can't decide where to put it.

Is there any women out there with tattoos that would share with me the location of their work.

Please tell me the reasons you like the location and any problems you may have had with covering it up on those occasions when it wasn't appropriate to view.

Thanks Julie

I have a K'waikutl Killer Whale (red, white, green, & black) that is a simlar design to my avatar on the outside of my right leg just above the ankle. I got it just before we left for the Bahamas in '98 to remind me of Canada. :flag:

If I were you I'd stick with a wet bikini and a dry martini. Take a good look at people that have had tattoo's for awhile. Some of them you can't even recognize. As the saying goes " Don't defile my TEMPLE "

Joe :argue:

JulieParkhurst:
I have often thought about getting a tattoo of a Sea Turtle somewhere on my body but I can't decide where to put it.

Is there any women out there with tattoos that would share with me the location of their work.

Please tell me the reasons you like the location and any problems you may have had with covering it up on those occasions when it wasn't appropriate to view.

Thanks Julie
I have a Tattoo on the outside of my right ankle.Which I love because I can see it if I wish to.Covering it up is no problem,I can put on a pair on jeans. When at work ,again no problem.My coworkers don't even care.Most don't even know I have it.I am a substitute teachers aid.And the students don't notice.Hope this helps you with your location?

I've had one of my tattoos for about 10 years. No fading, and it looks like the day I got it. After you look at some of the people with crappy looking tattoos, ask them under what conditions they got them. I agree with the one member's comments about paying for quality work. If you get a cheap, stock tattoo, it will fade and look bad in a relatively short amount of time. Visit a few studios, and ask the people working there to see THEIR tattoos. Most will have gotten at least one, if not all, from the studio in which they work. Don't look at pictures, since they are taken immediately after the work is done, and the ink is darkened because the skin is irritated. And don't judge from the portfolios. Pencil and pen will look drastically different than actual ink work.

Finally, consider both color and monochrome. Many colors will fade at different rates. You can ask what type of ink they use, what sort of needles, you can sometimes watch the artist work. Satisfy every curiosity before you go under the needle.

I've got a few tats, I think my favorite is the one on my ankle. I've got one on the lower back and one on the butt. I like the ankle one because I can see it easily enough and can appreciate it. I love my other ones too, but let's face it, the only time I get to see them is if I'm half naked looking in the mirror. I am a bit worried that one day the one on my butt will turn into a big fat blob, but for now it is good incentive to hit the gym and not slack off. What can I say, I was 17 when I got that one done. Good luck deciding, once you start, it is tempting to keep going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom