The Atlantic 12 Degrees warmer this year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dove the Spiegel Grove on Monday 3/20/06 the water temp was 75 and gorgeous. I can sympathize with the northerners, move here from upstate NY 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for my left leg to thaw out. As for a warming trend we definately seem to be heading that way.

Great big thank you to Mike and Brent at Blue Water Divers Key Largo, you guy rock!! Nestor with Oceanic set up a fantastic demo dive for Oceanic Gear and I was very impressed. The Probe LX is a fantastic BC and should definately be a candidate for any one seeking a comfortable vest type BCD. Huge thank you to Oceanic and Nestor.

Tim & Melissa
Divers Direct

~~~~o wow someone pee in your corn flakes this morning..

go take a midol get some sleep get over your jet lag.~~~~

ROTFLMAO

OK, I'll cop to coming across like I could use a Midol or three. THat was and wasn't my intent. As Vetdiver said, I was trying to point out in a funny way that there are innumerable doom and gloomers out there. Ever since the Blizzard of 78 if anyone mentions the words 'Big Storm' around here, the weather men get their collective panties in a twist and start to wring their hands.

Of course I'm interested in any hurricane coming thru this area. I spent 4 weeks doing nothing but cutting up downed trees when Hurricane Bob tore up the town of Falmouth 15 or so years ago. Been there, done that, got the commemorative tee shirt.

As far as pissing in my corn flakes, morning time is dinner time for me. I was just finishing up a left over bottle of wine while waiting for dinner to cook when I wrote my response this morning. If you want to see me really grumpy, hide the vino. :coke:
PTN

i think i forgot about that in my post, make sure you get lots of vino in case we get hit

paulthenurse:
~~~~o wow someone pee in your corn flakes this morning..

go take a midol get some sleep get over your jet lag.~~~~

ROTFLMAO

OK, I'll cop to coming across like I could use a Midol or three. THat was and wasn't my intent. As Vetdiver said, I was trying to point out in a funny way that there are innumerable doom and gloomers out there. Ever since the Blizzard of 78 if anyone mentions the words 'Big Storm' around here, the weather men get their collective panties in a twist and start to wring their hands.

Of course I'm interested in any hurricane coming thru this area. I spent 4 weeks doing nothing but cutting up downed trees when Hurricane Bob tore up the town of Falmouth 15 or so years ago. Been there, done that, got the commemorative tee shirt.

As far as pissing in my corn flakes, morning time is dinner time for me. I was just finishing up a left over bottle of wine while waiting for dinner to cook when I wrote my response this morning. If you want to see me really grumpy, hide the vino. :coke:
PTN
its all good

Surface temp in mid Atlantic up 7 degrees....please. This could be explained by a number of things, most likely just a buoy somewhere in the middle of a different current than years past. I have spent lots of time offshore and have seen some interesting surface temps and I have one conclusion...they are just surface temps. I would need to see more of the data. The media makes boat loads of money on natural disasters. They have every incentive to exploit hurricanes, earthquake dangers, blizzards etc..

Keep in mind, the Northeast is not New Orleans. We are not anywhere near as poor, we don't live below sea level, we aren't protected by levees trying to hold back mother nature. Hurricanes will come and go. They will damage homes and cost lives like they have always done and will always do. The Katrina disaster is as much a man made event as it is a natural one. I don't believe those conditions exist in the Northeast. Enlighten me if I am wrong.

I have to agree with paulthenurse. Settle down, take reasonable precautions and be prepared. It's worth be concerned but not worth being alarmist over. Good topic though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom