The BC from H#%*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
AIR-2, well I hear you there. At least you can solve that one fairly cheap for about $125. Meanwhile drill with what you have and make your buddies aware of what to expect.
What don't you like about the integrated Octo's? I have a standard octo but when I finally bought my own BC last month (Aeris Atmos XT) I went with Aeris's integrated air, the Air Link.

I've use my standared octo in an emergency situation in October (guy forgot to turn his air on and figured it out after plumeting to 50') and it worked fine. Keeping that memory in mind, my dive buddy and I practiced with my Air Link system last weekend, she didn't have any issues using my primary and other than not being able to turn my head from side to side very well, (at this point your dive is over so it's not really rellevant) breathing off the airlink was no issue.

Am I missing something unpleasant that I'll discover in the future? It sure was nice to not have one more hosed thing hanging off of me.

Rzrseg:
What don't you like about the integrated Octo's? ...
It's not that big of a deal. I've practiced air sharing with my ScubaPro Air2, and didn't notice any problems. It wasn't very deep, though, but that's not the reason I'd like to change.

Mostly, it's that I think I'd like to have a backup reg that's as good as my main reg.

But of all the things I mentioned, this is the least important.

most dive shop/ training centres will let you try some of their gear in the pool if you seem interested in buying and not just messing around. def. try stuff out first. its an expensive sport.

Rzrseg:
What don't you like about the integrated Octo's? I have a standard octo but when I finally bought my own BC last month (Aeris Atmos XT) I went with Aeris's integrated air, the Air Link.

I've use my standared octo in an emergency situation in October (guy forgot to turn his air on and figured it out after plumeting to 50') and it worked fine. Keeping that memory in mind, my dive buddy and I practiced with my Air Link system last weekend, she didn't have any issues using my primary and other than not being able to turn my head from side to side very well, (at this point your dive is over so it's not really rellevant) breathing off the airlink was no issue.

Am I missing something unpleasant that I'll discover in the future? It sure was nice to not have one more hosed thing hanging off of me.
how did you drop down to fifty feet without your buddy knowing his air was off?

Back
Top Bottom