The Best Dive Master Course Site in the World!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

med99map

New
Reaction score
Hello Divers!

I'm just about to graduate from uni and I'll have a couple of months off before I'll start working. :dazzler1:

I'm planning to spend the two months from mid January to mid March somewhere in the world at a nice dive site. Since I'm planning to stay for such a long time, and diving is great, why not take the dive master course?

So, my question to you is, of course, where do I find this nice, tranquil but not boring, beautiful site with skilled instructors, good food and preferably hammocks suited for a sunset beer? As long as it is reachable with a major airline, it's good!

All suggestions appreciated, even the obvious ones!

Thanks,
Magnus

Indonesia would be great and relatively cheap. Bunaken Island in North Sulawesi is a diver's paradise. However, I was told that ex-pats start to go a little soft in the head after 6 months.

Good Luck!

It sounds like you would have a great time on Utila. It is an inexpensive but well established and professional place to take your DM course. You will get lots of experience and real life training. For a couple of dive store options check out www.utiladivecentre.com and www.crosscreekutila.com. Both these stores offer PADI DM courses and are both staffed by very experienced instructors. If you want more info PM me.

UTILA

No doubt...Utila is a great spot. Island economy is diving based. Other good options are: Steve at www.deepblueutila.com and Tex at www.riconet.de/ecomarine/

I'ts laid back and it ain't the Waldorf. People are great! On and on ad nauesem. PS, we'll probably be there from Feb thru March....maybe see ya there.

Regards,

Indonesia or Utila... both seem very nice!

But there must be more great paradise-like dive sites to do a dive-master course for a good price. How about somewhere in Thailand? The Red Sea? Micronesia? Borneo? Australia? Other? Africa?

I'm in Europe and the flights to south and central america are ridiculously expensive, so maybe not Utila after all. East is more affordable.

Keep the suggestions coming!

med99map:
Hello Divers!

I'm just about to graduate from uni and I'll have a couple of months off before I'll start working. :dazzler1:

I'm planning to spend the two months from mid January to mid March somewhere in the world at a nice dive site. Since I'm planning to stay for such a long time, and diving is great, why not take the dive master course?

So, my question to you is, of course, where do I find this nice, tranquil but not boring, beautiful site with skilled instructors, good food and preferably hammocks suited for a sunset beer? As long as it is reachable with a major airline, it's good!

All suggestions appreciated, even the obvious ones!

Thanks,
Magnus
given your needs, i'd suggest puerto galera in the philippines... a very vibrant dive community, a night life, superb diving and a great selection of dive shops and centers... it's also the place where Asia Divers hosts the PADI instructor exams...

you want great diving and great weather as well as dirt cheap, then this should be the place... if you wnat to travel around the islands, there's are so many choices for any type of budget (AND it's reachable via major airlines hehehe)

post something in the Philippine Paradise Divers forum and the guys there will be glad to help... or look up some of the posts there, the options are overwhelming!

Jag

Bonaire, Bonaire, Bonaire..klm Is Having Great Rates Right Now...laid Back, Tremendous Diving, Great People, Very Reasonable

If you can find any place cheaper to live than Thailand, i will move right away (not really!), but many of our grads work on islands of Thailand and i never heard them complain. However, there are nice dive sites at Nha Trang in Vietnam (Jeremy's Rainbow Divers or Octopus Diving would be my favorite operations there), Borneo Divers in Malaysia and operations on Sipadan Island... Oh boy, don't get me started...

Nice, tranquil but not boring, beautiful site with skilled instructors, good food and preferably hammocks suited for a sunset beer?
+
Superb beaches, green ricefield, ancient cultures, choices of dive operators, tropical coral gardens, rich reef, wreckship, school of baracuda, pelagics even molas, monster grouper - in crystal blue water, great or wild night life, cold beer, friendly people, backpacker to celebrities accomodations, bungee jumping, surfing, paint ball, mountain climbing, with beautiful traditional dance and mistically orchestra, balmy climate
=
Island of Thousands temples, Bali
Diving Site ?
Use the following key words on this website search engine:
Tulamben
Nusa Penida
Padang bai
Pemuteran
Menjangan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom