The best of Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember you need some cash for your visa on arrival and airport tax on exit.

If you're booking up in advance, I'd get a visa before travelling from the embassy in your home country - better than queueing at Bali airport for a visa on arrival ...

If you're booking up in advance, I'd get a visa before travelling from the embassy in your home country - better than queueing at Bali airport for a visa on arrival ...
That queue is nothing when compare with the proper immigration control. Nearly 2 hrs to get through it!!!!

That queue is nothing when compare with the proper immigration control. Nearly 2 hrs to get through it!!!!

But for VOA, you need to go to both queues - VOA & Immigration. If already have a visa, just the one queue.

Maldives is very very nice, but 50% of the dives will be in passes where there will be, at times, significant current. I have never been to a Komodo cruise, but what I have been told is pretty similar to the Maldives: current and at times "washing machines". I would advise Rajah Ampat, little cureent, very rich corals :)

Another vote for Bali in late May-June. Tulamben, Padangbai and Nusa Penida are all great dive sites. The only drawback is that it is a but early for the Ocean Sunfish.

Sipadan is also worthy of consideration in May-June.

May-June is also a great tine to visit several dive sites in the Philippines, includng Tubbutaha.

But for VOA, you need to go to both queues - VOA & Immigration. If already have a visa, just the one queue.
The queue for VOA was pretty quick and painless but the one for immigration was a joke.

The queue for VOA was pretty quick and painless but the one for immigration was a joke.

Last time I flew in, it was about 10 mins for each queue (late night landing). Luck of the draw, I guess, but it can be a loooong wait...

I second the Philippines in May-June. Puerto Galera has a lot of nice spots to explore, although not so rich in culture. There are a lot of beautiful places to visit though - Tamaraw Falls and Hidden Paradise are a couple of my favorites. There are plenty of dive resorts to choose from; I recommend Scandi Divers (sister resort is Campbell's Beach) in Big La Laguna. It's tucked outside of the hustle and bustle of Sabang and the instructors are A+. If you go to Dumaguete, I've heard that Island's Leisure Boutique Hotel & Spa is excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom