The Best Tip I Ever Received On Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Once you start shaving... use cold water.

keyboard!

It's not really a tip, but rather a example of what good buoyancy control should be.

I forget which thread it was, but the short mpeg of a woman going through a wreck. I must have watched that a zillion times!

It changed my expectations for what I need to aspire to and how far I still have yet to go!

Hantzu
(still looking clueless on his 2nd dive in a drysuit)

I heard the tip on cold water a while ago and switched over as well... haven't gone back to hot. The explaination was a combination of contraction of the pores in the face, reducung ingrowns, and the contraction of the steel blade, improvong cut maybe?.

As for ScubaBoard.... the best tips would have to come from the regional crowds and their input.. thanks TSDT.

What is the best tip you ever received on Scuba Board?

I'll start... and though I've used it every day since... the tip had nothing to do with diving.

Thanks Natasha for the tip about shaving with cold water.

LOL, that's a great tip. I first heard it on, I think, Good Morning Vietnam. Tried it and was, to say the least, amazed.

I've since moved to an electric, but for a coupld years, I was enlightened.

What is the best tip you ever received on Scuba Board?

I'll start... and though I've used it every day since... the tip had nothing to do with diving.

Thanks Natasha for the tip about shaving with cold water.

Your time over 3 ata and time under 2 ata thing (I don't want to call it a rule again or you might jump on me :)) was a good one.

That and some other really good stuff I picked up from various people (among others Mike Kane) got me thinking about decompression in a different way (in terms of curves and patterns instead of tables) and I'm starting to "understand" it and I'm finding it less intimidating. It's made me feel like less of a puddlestomper. I think next year I'll take a real deco course and fill in the gaps I still have.

R..

If any topic is more than three pages long, or has more than three posts by Drew, someone's bashing DIR again :D

The best tip that is most tangible would be photographic ones. Dee et all in the underwater photography section are very helpful and welcoming to anyone who asks. They helped me get into a whole new area of this sport. I've also learned some amazing things that can be done with photoshop through that forum.

I don't care what you guys say. I'm still afraid to shave in cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom