The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay! I'm back!

We did some spring cleaning last week and got the engine tuned up by a pro. (Hall Engine in Ft. Lauderdale I was really impressed with them.) Anyway, I was still in the water almost every day with students, but no camera on those dives, and no real change in the water.

Saturday was too rough, and we canceled, but yesterday was downright nice. Seas were 2-4' there was a slight north current on the Bud and an almost non-existent flip-flopping current at Jerry's no name. The water was blue, but the vis wasn't so hot... maybe 40' on the wreck and 20' on the reef, but it was a foggy kind of viz, so somehow it didn't seem that bad. Water temps were 74F by my machine.

BuDvizsb.jpg

The viz on the Bud was a little off, but it was still a great dive. I couldn't find the big shark anywhere. Figures, as soon as I can get a camera in my hands down there.

Kimnturt2sb.jpg

Down4fun and a large hawksbill with entourage. While I was taking pictures of this turtle, a large male loggerhead swam over to me and nibbled on my waist strap. I heard Kim's underwater screams, and I felt the turtle messing with my strap, but I though it was Kim swatting at me to get my attention. No pics though, but the time I looked up he was already headed away.

Okay! I'm back!

We did some spring cleaning last week and got the engine tuned up by a pro. (Hall Engine in Ft. Lauderdale I was really impressed with them.) Anyway, I was still in the water almost every day with students, but no camera on those dives, and no real change in the water.

Saturday was too rough, and we canceled, but yesterday was downright nice. Seas were 2-4' there was a slight north current on the Bud and an almost non-existent flip-flopping current at Jerry's no name. The water was blue, but the vis wasn't so hot... maybe 40' on the wreck and 20' on the reef, but it was a foggy kind of viz, so somehow it didn't seem that bad. Water temps were 74F by my machine.

BuDvizsb.jpg

The viz on the Bud was a little off, but it was still a great dive. I couldn't find the big shark anywhere. Figures, as soon as I can get a camera in my hands down there.

Kimnturt2sb.jpg

Down4fun and a large hawksbill with entourage. While I was taking pictures of this turtle, a large male loggerhead swam over to me and nibbled on my waist strap. I heard Kim's underwater screams, and I felt the turtle messing with my strap, but I though it was Kim swatting at me to get my attention. No pics though, but the time I looked up he was already headed away.

Hmm ignores my screams and what he thought was me swatting at him...next time i hope the turtle bites:blinking:

Hey! Good news bad news. The good news is we finally got our water back! The bad news is that it's kinda pointy. Seas were to big for us to dive today, but here's the scoop from yesterday:

Seas started out in the 2-3' range and ended up in the 4-6' range. The viz was about 70' on the captain tony and Black Condo, and Gazebo, and about 35' on Tabletops. Water temps were 75 degrees (I did see 77 degrees on the bottom a couple of days ago). We had a moderate to strong north current. I had students, so the only pictures I took were trim critique pictures.

Alex B. bagged a monster cobia though. I took a picture of that!

alexcob.jpg

Hey! Good news bad news. The good news is we finally got our water back! The bad news is that it's kinda pointy. Seas were to big for us to dive today, but here's the scoop from yesterday:

Seas started out in the 2-3' range and ended up in the 4-6' range. The viz was about 70' on the captain tony and Black Condo, and Gazebo, and about 35' on Tabletops. Water temps were 75 degrees (I did see 77 degrees on the bottom a couple of days ago). We had a moderate to strong north current. I had students, so the only pictures I took were trim critique pictures.

alexcob.jpg

DANG!

That Cobia could have taken him.

Down4Fun -- Hey isn't that Cory the Cobia who you met on the stop the other day? COmes by to say hello to you again and **WHAM** gets a cold pointy spear in the head.. geesh..

Wow! That is some fish!!

Hey Kev....Can you post the link to the marine forecast so we can check it thru the week??

Can't wait! Diving Boynton is the best...I miss it....its been too long.

Wow! That is some fish!!

Hey Kev....Can you post the link to the marine forecast so we can check it thru the week??

Can't wait! Diving Boynton is the best...I miss it....its been too long.

Sure! Here you go!
National Weather Service Marine Forecast

alexcob.jpg

Nice job Alex!!!! :thumbs-up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom