The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
Kevin is famous!
31421463.jpg
Now I know why I only found 2, they cleaned them out on the trip before mine :rofl3: but seriously, I only got 2 because I suck at finding them and catching them, there were diffinetly lobsters on both spots we droped on.
Kevin ( and the captain too :D )thanks for a great day of diving, we both had a great time.

Nice pictures. Looks like some great diving. It's on my ever growing "to dive" list.

I really enjoy your photos, Kev, and I'm really looking forward to the trip Tim and Brian set up with you.

I'm really sorry to be so lame... I've been racking up an impressive number of images from diving these last few weeks, and haven't taken the time to share. If I find time I'll post images from other adventures separately...

Today was awesome! I went out on the afternoon trip with only two other customers, both photographers. Like minded individuals really help the flow of these trips, and let the crew optimize the schedule to accommodate your needs. A perfect example of this was Kevin carrying the flag on our second dive so we could all concentrate on making images.

For the first dive, we did Castor. We had blue water, w/ viz in the neighborhood of 80'. In hindsight I'm wondering if I was narked, because I got a lot more backscatter than I should have!

The aggregation of Goliath Grouper was out in the sand off the starboard rail in force... Goliath Grouper have an innate understanding of how far strobes are effective underwater, because they stay just outside that range.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Kevin is so fired from being my model...

5.jpg

Kevin takes a P on the Castor...

6.jpg

Kevin must have spent 10 minutes trying to improve this loggerhead's trim... I think he sent him home to do more practicing.

8.jpg

Photographers in Boynton have to work sooooo hard for their images...

9.jpg

And in closing, a shot of the fishiest reefs in South Florida, and possibly the US.

10.jpg

See you guys out there!

Hey! Sorry for the vacation! First I lost my wide angle lens, then moved and didn't have internet until Friday. I'll post some poicture free reports tomorrow am. after I get some sleep. Real quick though, there's a thermocline.:11:

Okay, the thermocline is gone! Water temps were 86 degrees from top to bottom. The new word for today is CURRENT. I'll post more in a little bit. Sorry, still no photos.

Scubakevdm:
Okay, the thermocline is gone! Water temps were 86 degrees from top to bottom. The new word for today is CURRENT. I'll post more in a little bit. Sorry, still no photos.
Horay!! the thermocline is gone...back to the nekkid diving:D
I'll see you Saturday Kevin
kim

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom