The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey thanks man!

Just a quick update... I'm at the dive shop and don't have any pics with me, but since Saturday there has been an upwelling that has caused it to be a little chilly (mosty 80º with some patches of 73º)and murky 35' vis or so.
There has still been good stuff around though. We saw a nice sized lemon shark yesterday, but somehow it was able to swim faster than me, and I was unable to get in front of it for a good shot. I did get a proof shot from behind though. It seerms like whenever we get the chilly green water from up north, we get the lemon sharks too.

I know I sound like a broken record Kevin, but thanks again for some awesome dives Saturday. I very much enjoy diving with you. It's always worth the long drives. My favorite thing to see down there are those Eagle Rays. It was also hard to believe how big that Rough Tailed Ray was too. Until you corrected me, I just thought it was a monster Southern Stingray! It was kind of chilly down in the bottom 10 feet or so for August. But oddly enough, it was a toasty 84 or 85 above 55 feet deep. As usual, I'll see you guys again soon.

Hey thanks man!

Just a quick update... I'm at the dive shop and don't have any pics with me, but since Saturday there has been an upwelling that has caused it to be a little chilly (mosty 80º with some patches of 73º)and murky 35' vis or so.
There has still been good stuff around though. We saw a nice sized lemon shark yesterday, but somehow it was able to swim faster than me, and I was unable to get in front of it for a good shot. I did get a proof shot from behind though. It seerms like whenever we get the chilly green water from up north, we get the lemon sharks too.

:11:

80? Patches of 73? I might need to rent that wetsuit after all, Kev!

when I was home in Vero a couple weeks ago our beach water temps were CHILLY. I hope it's warmed up by 9/3 when I come home again. I'm HOMESICK for FL diving!! I definitely need a dive fix!

when I was home in Vero a couple weeks ago our beach water temps were CHILLY. I hope it's warmed up by 9/3 when I come home again. I'm HOMESICK for FL diving!! I definitely need a dive fix!

It was 84 top to bottom today in Boynton in 65'. Shall I plan some dives for us??

Last edited:
Beautiful dives today!!! Water was warm (80's) maybe a tiny, tiny thermocline here and there. Visibility was some of the best I have seen in weeks! Blue, Blue, Blue water top to bottom, side to side!

We dove Table Top and Gazebo reefs. Great sea life. Large flounder, big nurse shark, just an incredible amount of life on the reefs!!!

Alas, I finally took the plunge and purchased a license and lobster gear only to find that those spiny crusteseans were not cooperating/congregating where I was diving today. Oh well, the dives were spectacular as always when diving with Kevin and Alex at the helm!

Yummy eats at Banana Boat after the dives. All in all, a great way to spend a Saturday.

Diving with Underwater Explorers is a NOT TO MISS when in South Florida!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom