The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics, Kevin! Thanks for another splendid day underwater. I pirated your pics for my Myspace but I gave you proper credit. Anyone that has seen my pics knows I didn't take them anyway. Because I stink at photography. :)

WOW what a great trip! As Deepstops said sunny ski, flat seas, blue water (underneath the first few inches) and a great cast of divers and THE BEST crew anywhere!

I have just recently gotten a chance at lobstering for myself (well not really I give them away!). I got to see a pic Kevin took (and am VERY happy he did not post). Anyway, for all the years of diving and certifications you rack up when one takes on a new "adventure" or adds another "task" to diving you have to remember to make sure your best skills are "ON" before you attempt to try something new. Kevin has a great reputation as an instructor (well earned) and he definitely taught this instructor something important without rubbing my nose in it.

Thank you Kevin for another incredible day of diving!!!

Terri

Great pics, Kevin! Thanks for another splendid day underwater. I pirated your pics for my Myspace but I gave you proper credit. Anyone that has seen my pics knows I didn't take them anyway. Because I stink at photography. :)

Hilary, I didn't get the memo on "splendid" I thought it was supposed to be "magnificent"! Great diving with you looking forward to the next time!! Just make sure I get the adjective / adverb memo :) LOL

Opps forgot to add: THANK YOU to Hilary for the YUMMY sandwichs and cookies you took the time to put together for everyone on the boat.

Terri

Hilary, I didn't get the memo on "splendid" I thought it was supposed to be "magnificent"! Great diving with you looking forward to the next time!! Just make sure I get the adjective / adverb memo :) LOL

Opps forgot to add: THANK YOU to Hilary for the YUMMY sandwichs and cookies you took the time to put together for everyone on the boat.

Terri

Splendid, magnificent, stellar, they all apply to us.
Let Ed know I really enjoyed his stories even if I did interrupt him to point out the dolphins that were stalking us :D

And yes, Hilary's sandwiches and cookies were tay-steeeee :wink:

Kev, do you know/remember the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th site names?? I know we went south after the Castor, then north, and then back south again.
BTW, as a somewhat exploratory dive, I liked the fourth site. :)

Are there any lobster boats working up that ways? Looks like a couple of them laying potlines in 108-115' off Boca. I guess the hurricanes sent these guys up here from the Keys.
Slim crustaceal pickings unless you happen to be in 108 to 115'.

Thanks for sharing sounds amazing

Are there any lobster boats working up that ways? Looks like a couple of them laying potlines in 108-115' off Boca. I guess the hurricanes sent these guys up here from the Keys.
Slim crustaceal pickings unless you happen to be in 108 to 115'.

I think that's a lobster boat out of Boynton... 7 come 11. We saw lobsters here and there on the reef.

We went out again yesterday, before it got too windy and had another great day, but I'm at the shop right now, and all of my photos are on my computer at home. I'll post a few of them later.

Splendid, magnificent, stellar, they all apply to us.
Let Ed know I really enjoyed his stories even if I did interrupt him to point out the dolphins that were stalking us :D

And yes, Hilary's sandwiches and cookies were tay-steeeee :wink:

Kev, do you know/remember the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th site names?? I know we went south after the Castor, then north, and then back south again.
BTW, as a somewhat exploratory dive, I liked the fourth site. :)

I'm sorry, I missed this earlier. The sites were:

1 Castor
2 Delray Ledge
3 Clubhouse halfway, then we cut across the top of the reef to The Fingers.
4 Seagate, but kind of a south drop due to trying to find a spot that hadn't been picked over yet.

I'm sorry, I missed this earlier. The sites were:

1 Castor
2 Delray Ledge
3 Clubhouse halfway, then we cut across the top of the reef to The Fingers.
4 Seagate, but kind of a south drop due to trying to find a spot that hadn't been picked over yet.

Thanks Kev. :)

Okay here are some pics from yesterday's dives. We did the Capt Tony first, but the only good pics I took were of passengers. One of the Goliath groupers had some white patches on his head and at the back of his dorsal fin. He was pretty shy, and I wasn't able to get any good pics of the patches, but I'll keep trying. There was also a big roughtailed ray that got kinda punchy with me... he was digging into the sand, I guess looking for stuff to eat. I would come up next to him, to try to get an action photo of him digging, and he would stop, spin around, and come at me! Another oddity on the dive was that one other diver and I each had some small black jacks orbiting us like electrons around an atom. They would actually brush against us as they sped by. I don't know what was causing this behavior, which was kinda cool after the initial scariness wore off. In the beginning though, I was a bit nervous about being nipped.

We did Delray again for the second dive, because the lake water was still hanging around up north, and because we didn't have to worry about time, with no afternoon trip. This was one of the nicest dives I've ever had on Delray Ledge. The current on both sites was a gentle north, and viz was about 70'. Water temps were warm, I didn't look, but probably 85º.

Seespotrun-1.jpg

Here is the crappy shot of the Goliath grouper with one of his white spots visible.

Roughtailedroughian.jpg

The rambuctious roughtailed ruffian. The action shots I got were mostly of dirt hanging in a cloud with little peeks of a ray here and there.

MikeEsm.jpg

Here is the other diver who was bombarded by jacks. You can see them just above and to the right of him. I had a similar compliment of electrons.

delrayblack.jpg

On Delray, we found a nice black grouper that somehow survived the first half of the weekend. I actually ended up getting quite close to him, but I had already taken a picture from far away, and my camera wasn't ready to go again yet until after he went in his hole.

Statueoflizardy.jpg

I don't post many pictures of lizardfish, so here's one in mid-air!

DelrayNursesm.jpg

This nurse shark was big and patient, and allowed me to take four pictures. I finally got a good one, and then left him to his nap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom