The Brownstone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know most of you are in Colorado and not in our neck of the rockies, but Just wanted to give a report. I have not dove it yet, but am planning to to wed. afternoon. I guess the Fish and Game stalked the river across from the Idaho Falls Temple with sturgeon in the last week or so. One of my buddies dove there yesterday, below the water fall strait across the street from the Brownstone Microbrewery. 43 Deg, and 67 ft deep. he told me its mild river current, and fairly good visibility (6-10 ft) he told me that they seen 3 sturgeon and had a great dive. If any one on the board is near the IF area and would like to dive this, post here or PM me, we will be diving Wed. afternoon, and would love to make new friends and have some great dives watchin these big fish.
:coffee: Clay

I'm a little out of practice so I think maybe I should pass on the dive, however, if I can get off work I wouldn't mind swinging by and meeting some divers.

hey, the more the merrier, I imagine we will be there around 1:30

Hey Clay, maybe some of them warm water wussys from florida can join. LOL

well, If ya crammed two boddies in one wet suit..... 40 deg would maybe feel like 80... LMAO

Yeah now that is funny......

Well, for anyone who is interested... Four of us showed up, got in the water at about 2:30, a chilly 39 deg. We just kinda drifted down the river at about 45 ft deep checkin out the cool rock formatins. They have been really carved up and take some interesting shapes. alot of junk, next spring we should organize a clean up, tons of beercans, Bicycles, shopping carts, usual river trash... unfortunaly we didnt get to see any Sturgeon on this trip, but did get to see some whites, trout, suckers... typical for a SE Idaho river dive. Im thinkin I need a drysuit, after about 30 min. My fingers were numb and It was difficult to press my inflater/deflater hose. and we had one incident with a freeflowing regulater, but it was handled at depth and without any accident to report. Cold water does have a way of making things interesting. Catch ya next trip.
Clay

I excited to see some members here from Idaho! Sounds like you guys had a fun if not a bit chilly dive!

I drive out to OR every year or so. Maybe I'll have to make a point of stopping in Idaho on the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom