The check is in the mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always nice when the beatings come to an end :wink:

The beatings will never end. :shakehead: You don't know the people I'll be working with! :shocked2: Only kidding.......I love all the folks I'll be playing....uh, working... with - a great group of people who are almost as insane as I am. As my instructor subtly pointed out while tutoring me, I'm narced at 1 ata. :rofl3:

Congrats!! :cheers: It's quite an accomplishment.

Actually, Haldane comes into play with Decompression Theory and the RDP. For physics, you'll explore Boyle's Law, Charles' Law, Dalton's Law, Henry's Law.

A few examples:

A balloon has 1ft3 at 99fsw. How many ft3 will it have at 33fsw?

A non-flexible container has 3000psi on the surface at 80f. How many psi will it have at 52fsw at 48f?

Using EANx36, what is the total pressure of O2 at 67fsw?

An object weighing 750# and displaces 2.8ft3 of water is resting at 70fsw. How much additional water must be displaced to lift the object?

Fun stuff!!!

Thanks for the correction Joe. See how bad I am? Decompression theory has to do with math and formulas also, so that was just as hard for me.... :shakehead:

Congratulations Jupitermermaid. I guess that means that you can lead me on my dives when I come down to visit and address that pesky issue of your neighbour :D. Seriously though, congratulations. I am sure you worked very hard for it and will be a great DM.

Woo hoo!!! I finally finished my DM tests! The stress of the physics part had me procrastinating for a while, so I'm glad it's over with. I'm so fortunate that my instructor is a retired teacher, so he was able to put the confusing parts into terms that even I could finally understand.

Anyway, got my mug shot taken, filled out and signed the check, put it in an envelope along with the application, and mailed it off yesterday. Now all I have to do is wait to be processed and I'll be a DM!

I loved working with my instructor during his classes. It brings great satisfaction when you see someone excited when they "get" a skill, and watch their eyes as they swim with underwater creatures for the first time. What a blast!

Jupitermaid, Thanks a lot. This will help. I still do one air table problem every other day with a nitrox one in between just so it's always on the tip of my tongue, especially should the computer fail. Takes about a minute a day. Sounds silly after 100 dives, but I have a bad memory. I also keep studying the course books daily. Your info. will really help should I decide to do the DM. My LDS owner says the pay is $200 per OW course and DMs "get paid for other stuff". Sounds better than some of the reports I got on my "Pay" thread. TH

Thanks for the correction Joe. See how bad I am? Decompression theory has to do with math and formulas also, so that was just as hard for me.... :shakehead:

's okay...once you're done with it, seems to all lump together...until you go through it again for IDC....then again for IE.....then again for IDC Staff....then again for Course Director.....and however many times you get to teach it to DM Candidates....and IDC Candidates.....:D

Congrats! :D

I am in the middle of it right now - will "graduate" in about three weeks, if I can ever get my map project buddies all available on the same day......

The timed 400m swim really sucks......

Michael

Yay! Now will it be YOU leading some of the dives with JDC?

Back
Top Bottom