The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove it Friday and wore 5 mil in the 70d water. I was warm and toasty but still felt like the Michellen tire guy. Probably should have worn the 5mil farmer John and 3 mil jacket.

Hey...met Net Doc & Cool Tech there. First time we were all were actually diving...not at some show like DEMA.

Sorry Net Doc & Cool Tech....my firemen had to get back to Cocoa Beach for a meeting so we had ditch the lunch. I ended up eating a "Lunchable" on the way back...It was actually pretty good!

Maybe next time!

Joe

If I am not mistaken, the pontoon boat is tied off to it (if not, it is to the south of the pontoon boot that is always there and another boat is tied off to it)

Yes I believe Jim is correct near the 3 boats: the pontoon & the 2 boats which names begin with K & B (out of respect for the owners I'm not posting the actual names). I'm not sure which boat is closest but I think it is the "B"

I dove it Friday and wore 5 mil in the 70d water. I was warm and toasty but still felt like the Michellen tire guy. Probably should have worn the 5mil farmer John and 3 mil jacket.

Hey...met Net Doc & Cool Tech there. First time we were all were actually diving...not at some show like DEMA.

Sorry Net Doc & Cool Tech....my firemen had to get back to Cocoa Beach for a meeting so we had ditch the lunch. I ended up eating a "Lunchable" on the way back...It was actually pretty good!

Maybe next time!

Joe
It was nice to meet you and your posse :wink:

Yes I believe Jim is correct near the 3 boats: the pontoon & the 2 boats which names begin with K & B (out of respect for the owners I'm not posting the actual names). I'm not sure which boat is closest but I think it is the "B"
The "B" boat is currently hooked off to it

CoolTech that nudi video is amazing! How on earth are you keeping the camera so still???
Thanks, it was easy... Start with a DV Camcorder and a decent housing. Prop the camera in the spot you want at the angle for the picture, turn it on and leave the immediate area so you don't screw around with it :D

Now, it's time to play "What the hell is THAT?"

6" long, translucent, I thought it was a piece of plastic until it changed direction against current, then dipped down and moved side-long to the current, etc. It appeared to be feeding near the bottom and then moving up above the ground about 5' from the bottom and then back down, etc.

unknown1002222.jpg

unknown1002221.jpg

unknown1002224.jpg

unknown1002223.jpg

unknown1002222a.jpg

unknown1002226.jpg

unknown1002225.jpg

unknown1002227.jpg

The camera had a terrible time attempting to focus on the darned thing... I've never seen anything like it and I sure would like to know what it is...

On the other hand, I was focused on just a few subjects for today's dives

Here are some of the pictures

These guys were around, but didn't affect my dive
manowar1002222.jpg

Favorite picture of the day
seahorse1002228.jpg

seahorse1002223.jpg

seahorse1002229.jpg

... and the mate
seahorse1002221.jpg

seahorse1002227.jpg

seahorse10022215.jpg

And, the last subject
yhjawfish1002222.jpg

yhjawfish1002224.jpg

yhjawfish1002223.jpg

yhjawfish1002226.jpg

Nice pics Jim. I would like to know what that little ribbon worm thing is, too. Interesting. I think I have pics of that same Yellowhead Jawfish somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom