The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can and do people snorkel here? If so how is it?
Thnx great pix by the way

Can and do people snorkel here? If so how is it?
Thnx great pix by the way
People snorkel there almost every time I've been diving. Vis is generally top to bottom, but at times the current can be very strong.

I can't answer "how is it?" I've not done it :wink:

Current running strong today
Bottom Temp. 74F
Vis: 12-15 was about average for the dive (better in some areas and when the sun was shining)

I got pics of 6 Seahorses (two mating and one true juvinal!), 5 Octopus and 8 different nudibranchs.

I never made it under the bridge and bottom time of 2.5 hrs. I spent the first hour wandering the mooring balls. Once the tide slackened, I made my way to the east span southern pylons and began searching for nudibranchs.

Here are some shots of nudibranchs from today (5 of the 8) these will have to do from me until I can get to my real computer

nudibranch62.jpg

nudibranch52.jpg

nudibranch42.jpg

nudibranch23.jpg

nudibranch34.jpg

Conditions were much better compared to last Sunday. The bad thing was that I oly got to do a 65 minute dive. My O-ring popped before I got in the water, and by the time I got the valve shut off I blew a 1/3 of my air.

#'s 2 & 4 are great. I've never seen that species before. Were those taken on the pilars? Do you mind if I send it off for an ID?
Thanks. I didn't find any shots on the pilars today.

#2 was taken between the west wall and pilar #1

#4 was between pilars 2 and 3

Feel free to send it off. My guess is it will come back as a variety of Elysia in the order of Sea Slugs Sacoglossa family: Elysiidae

Thanks. I didn't find any shots on the pilars today.

#2 was taken between the west wall and pilar #1

#4 was between pilars 2 and 3

Feel free to send it off. My guess is it will come back as a variety of Elysia in the order of Sea Slugs Sacoglossa family: Elysiidae

Thanks, #4 was sent off to the slug ladies.

I sent them 3 new shot of my own. They weren't the best, but they should be good enough to ID.

What's a snorkel?

Snorkeling (British spelling: snorkelling) is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped tube called a snorkel, and usually swimfins. In cooler waters, a wetsuit may also be worn. Using this equipment allows the snorkeler to observe underwater attractions for extended periods of time with relatively little effort.

Conditions were much better compared to last Sunday. The bad thing was that I oly got to do a 65 minute dive. My O-ring popped before I got in the water, and by the time I got the valve shut off I blew a 1/3 of my air.

You shoulda had a snorkle! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom