The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay,

While I am waiting on the ID's for some new nudis I shot today I thought I would post some familiar faces.

1239507018_octo-face.jpg

1239506992_Lancer-Dragonet-3.jpg

A little morning nudi love.
1239507055_nudi-18.jpg

1239507078_nudi-19.jpg

1239507099_nudi-20.jpg

Okay,

Conditions were better today than they were yesterday. The added bonus was that there were less than 10 of us diving today.

I did a 2 hour 10 minute dive, and saw lots of stuff. Saw two new nudis that I am waiting for ID’s on, so I will wait to post them once I know what they are.

Here are some shots from today.

1239591438_seahorse.jpg

1239591410_blenny.jpg

1239591546_nudi-22.jpg

1239591599_nudi-21.jpg

Nice pics ya'll, and thanks so much for sharing the beauty of BHB.. I need to dive with ya'll sometime!

My wife and I were at the bridge on Sunday; conditions were quite nice. We saw a yellow stingray, good size filefish, and scorpionfish. At the end of the dive I dropped down to the motorboat and saw a wrasse watching itself in the mirror. It was great, I sat and watched for quite a while. I am amazed at the number of juvenile and intermediate stage fish you see at that bridge.

Fisheyeview... We will be diving the bridge again next weekend. If you are planning on going there, I would like to meet up with you. I have been searching for the seahorses and just can't seem to find them. Some direction would be nice.

Thanks so much for the pics. Wonderful.

Very nice Pictures,
Now that's my idea of Muck diving. I think I could live with those conditions.

Thanks. I have been diving the bridge for 5 or 6 years, but I have never done the west span [FONT]

Fisheye: great pictures as always, thanks for sharing: no wonder my shots never look like yours given that I am using a little Sealife DS 800!!!! so in all the years diving the bridge, you are always under the east span (the low part of the bridge leading directly to singer island). I have tried to dive that side of phil foster park a couple of times, but the vis has always been bad, so I tend to stick to the west span (that leads to the mainland) and the fishing pier or south of the park, near all the sunk boats. the conditions on saturday were great, saw a free swimming octopus (it was not hunched up is a hole like they usually seem to be) and a 'family' of squid just north of the fishing pier that seemed as interested in us as we were of them. It was wild watching their shifting color from green, to green with brown stripes, to green/brown with white or pinkish spots, to a purple hue. At times the squid(s) kept their tentacles pressed together and they almost looked like 'Dumbo' (Disney's flying elephant) face and at other times they spread their arms like Medusa's snakes. We must have watched them for 10 minutes. They never seemed overly alarmed or defensive. We also saw a sea robin going about its business and many many flounder. I finally saw a 'colony' of blennies just south of the main span. My o-ring was shot on the camera case, so I did not get any picutres.

What a great day to be diving.

Dave,

It really is our "muck dive". The bridge spans the intercoastal which makes the water Intertidal. There is a constant heavy tidal flow (either in or out) which washes the area in tons of nutrients. It is also a shallow area protected from the wave actions of the ocean. It is a perfect area for mating & juvenile to grow in a protected area. It is also relatively free of most predation.

Sure can not say that for the surrounding land mass!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom