The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw an octo in a bottle

octopus_in_bottle_2_bhb_april_2_2011.JPG

and another one roaming a few days ago

octopus_stretched_out_at_bhb_april_2_2011.JPG

Kevin : I will be expecting many pictures of octopi in bottles taken with all the fancy equipment to be posted over the next couple of days!!!!!!!!!!

Checked out my share of bottles today, but with a bare minimum of success. How hard do you have to shake them in order to get the octos out??

Currently continuing my slog through today's photos at a local Hooters establishment.

Kevin

Saw an octo in a bottle

octopus_in_bottle_2_bhb_april_2_2011.JPG

Kevin : I will be expecting many pictures of octopi in bottles taken with all the fancy equipment to be posted over the next couple of days!!!!!!!!!!

A N T I C I P A T I O N
...is making me wait....

I don't look for the bottles. I look for what looks different.

A N T I C I P A T I O N
...is making me wait....

I don't look for the bottles. I look for what looks different.

Anticipation Lyrics - Carly Simon

Takes me back to high school. Thought of that song many times when wondering if the anticipation wuz what wuz making her late. . . :D

I *thought* I was OK at looking for what's different, but this octo thing has me wondering. . . BTW, loosened the straps on an old mask with weaker readers for today and it worked out *great*! Had since learnt that too tight a strap can lead to leakage, and that musta been why I had left that mask long ago. It was *really* tight when I tried it on today.

Saw a couple of bumblebee shrimp early on the dive today, but both scrambled into holes before I could find them in the viewfinder. Just a matter of time now until they succomb. :D

Kevin

Saw an octo in a bottle

Does this count??

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_8777wa.jpg
    IMG_8777wa.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 68
Tanks are filled for the weekend... KBeck got her camera setup... Well, we'll be there about 10 AM, and I'll setup a folding chair for getting everything ready to dive

Checked out my share of bottles today, but with a bare minimum of success. How hard do you have to shake them in order to get the octos out??

Currently continuing my slog through today's photos at a local Hooters establishment.

Kevin

I've been lucky recently. Typically, an octopus in a bottle simply starts to crawl out as I slowly make my way around. The movement of an arm or a head popping out of the beer bottle draws my attention. I've also seen a few octopi roam around, come towards me and then crawl into a nearby bottle. Don't know if the area I am diving is a bit more suited to finding bottled octopi or not. There are a lot of discarded bottles in the area!

Missed the bridge today because I went out with one of JDC's morning boats. Vis sucked but many many nurse and reef sharks on Tunnels! Turtles and GG were also common.

I've been lucky recently. Typically, an octopus in a bottle simply starts to crawl out as I slowly make my way around. The movement of an arm or a head popping out of the beer bottle draws my attention. I've also seen a few octopi roam around, come towards me and then crawl into a nearby bottle. Don't know if the area I am diving is a bit more suited to finding bottled octopi or not. There are a lot of discarded bottles in the area!

Missed the bridge today because I went out with one of JDC's morning boats. Vis sucked but many many nurse and reef sharks on Tunnels! Turtles and GG were also common.

What did you have for temps?
Thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom