The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank's been refilled and batteries are recharging. Looking forward to another couple of hours of trolling in a little while. I just love this place. :D Planning to stay this trip through Monday morning.

Kevin

Had only seen one frogfish in my life and then got to see two today. A very nice fellow in white shorts showed me a cute little pink one, and then I ran into Mr. Potato Head on the way back. Considering that froggies like to blend in, I'm guessing that Potato Head had been placed next to the big orange starfish for a photo op, and then didn't get put back. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd never have seen him. I *know* I'd never have found the pink one on my own. An excellent hider. :D I had swum over the fellow in the white shorts and had snuck down to see what he was pointing his camera at. Had assumed that he was waiting for something to come back out from under the pink stuff he was pointing at. I was right above his head and saw nothing. His bubbles smelled funny. :D

Anyway, fun day and the beer is *really* tasting good now. Tired.

Kevin

on the fringes

Ran into several octos. Have to wonder now how many I've passed over in the past. They do blend in, don't they? :D None today looked as though their heads could squeeze into a standard-mouth beer bottle. Was busy shooting pics of a young Fringed Filefish on about an 18 inch diameter mass of sponge for probably five minutes before realizing there was an octopus up on top of the sponge watching me play. Hope some of the shots in which I tried to capture both of them in the same pic come out. The sponge also housed a little crab and a blenny and a bunch of other tiny stuff.
Kevin

One tired puppy here. Or maybe just too many Miller Lites (with a squirt of lime).

Kevin IMG_0075wa.jpgIMG_0072wa.jpgIMG_0061wa.jpgIMG_0051wa.jpg

One year ago today I joined Scuba Board, thanks to fellow SFDI and SB member, Debby Diver. Not too long after that I stumbled upon the "Sagas of BHB" thread and happily discovered I wasn't the only one in the [-]12-step[/-] 15 ft. program!

I just want to say it's been a pleasure getting to know you - some in person, some by screen name. I've learned so much reading this thread and continue to learn new things.

I will never get tired of diving Blue Heron Bridge! I'm wowed on every dive.

Hi there! I am flying down to West Palm Beach tomorrow from D.C. I am supposed to be diving Blue Heron Bridge with a local dive shop, but they didn't organize my trip correctly and now I have no dive buddy. I am looking for 2-3 people to dive with tomorrow early evening at Blue Heron Bridge. High tide is at 6:15pm.

I'm an advanced scuba diver with over 75 dives. I have not dived the bridge before or in Florida.

Direct message me if you are up for a dive. :)

Warm Regards,
Tenley

Just heard back from the dive shop and they found me a dive buddy after all. Hurray!

Dove the 6:15 high tide yesterday with KW. The next time I mention diving BHB on a Saturday someone please remind me that is the day they let all the crazy people out of the asylum.

The good news: water temp 81. And KW hadn't been diving with me since back in March. She loved all the octopi. We saw a nice colony of sailfin blennies and did a quickie swim-by to show her Puff & Puffette. Didn't dare linger - didn't want to draw any attention.

We cut the dive short at 90 minutes as it was clear the inmates had taken over.

Here is a little video of the blennies: Enjoy!

YouTube - ‪Sailfin Blennies at BHB.mov‬‏

Jet

Thanks for rescuing the thread--it was looking grim--about to drop off the FIRST page, OH MY!!(;>) We are happy with the temperature, we saw 80 and 81 a few days ago and divedivadm shot a pink froggie thanks to a helpful guy mentioned a page ago or so.

Disclaimer: I am not a photograper... nor do I play one on TV. This pic was taken with a "hand-me-down" point and shoot. The nice guy pointed this little froggie out to me while I was swimming by.

Attachments

• P5210038.jpg
    P5210038.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 129
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom