The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not sure if its been asked or mentioned before as i havent read all 418 pages but is there a dive shop near the bridge that rents out gear and tanks or is it all your own gear? After seeing some of the pics and reports here i would love to dive here when i come home in July but i dont own all my own gear yet.

Im not sure if its been asked or mentioned before as i havent read all 418 pages but is there a dive shop near the bridge that rents out gear and tanks or is it all your own gear? After seeing some of the pics and reports here i would love to dive here when i come home in July but i dont own all my own gear yet.
ForceE
155 East Blue Heron Blvd
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
(561) 845-2333

Brownies Palm BCH Dive
3619 Broadway
Riviera Beach, FL 33404-2333
(561) 844-3483

Both offer rental gear. Force E is at the west end of the bridge and is used to renting for bridge dives

Where are they going to be asked to go when the east side opens back up?

Given the speed of the construction teams, we may all be in old age homes by then....but when it finally does happen, it would still make far more sense for them to be by the east bridge, where the incoming tidal current will flush the silting straight under the east bridge, with little or no silting effect to the remaining 90% of the BHB dive sites.....versus spreading the students all over bhb as they desire, and silting 100% of the bhb, all of the time students are in the water...

ForceE
155 East Blue Heron Blvd
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
(561) 845-2333

Brownies Palm BCH Dive
3619 Broadway
Riviera Beach, FL 33404-2333
(561) 844-3483

Both offer rental gear. Force E is at the west end of the bridge and is used to renting for bridge dives
and Pura Vida , just a few hundred yards further in to singer Island, in front of the Ocean mall.

Guys, I NEVER said students should not be taught at the BHB. And I am not going to harass the instructors that have large classes of kneeling students, as long as they do this by the EAST bridge.... this should be fair, because it is EXTREMELY LIKELY that they will be silting heavily. Since they are learning skills, they don't need to be on top of reef or octopus or frogfish, etc.

I am not sure why it is so wrong for me to make suggestions about keeping silting in an area where it will not degrade the diving experience for everyone else....

When the students are taken accross the western and nicer parts of the BHB, I thinnk it would be a nice gesture to make sure the students are not 10 pounds too heavy and kangarooing along the bottom :)

Well if it's true that instructors are over weighting students by 10 lbs and violating standards by leading 20 students into open water (as Jenny suggested) than I don't think that instructor will take your suggestion or care if he wrecks your dive.

Maybe you two were exagerating to make a point, but some instructors do know what they are doing and care about coral and frog fish and sea horses...

By the way...I have seen "experienced" underwater photographers (expensive equipment anyway) make more of a mess (laying all over the bottom, crashing into the bridge wall, etc.) than most of my students. I wonder if it was anyone you might know?

Don't blame instructors or students, blame bad divers. Again, the bridge is busy, there are nice spots in the ocean to dive too. (same thing I said about collecting and spearfishing at the bridge).

You don't seem to understand... 90% of us used to dive the east span as our #1 location. There is much more to see there and the diving was generally better all-around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom