The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It think it's been stated here, but I could be mistaken. I've seen it in at least three places for this exact question...

The answer is no. ForceE is not hosting a BHB night dive

I see that. I also see the quote:

"The only thing is that this has to be organized we can't just go and do what we want there will be a sign in sheet and if your name is not on the sheet you maybe asked to leave the sight because only names on the sign in sheet has permission to be there.
So how do you get on the sign in sheet call and let us know you are going to be there and when we see you we will check you off as being there. I do need to turn in a count of how many people are going to be there 2 days before the dive so yes there is a dead line for getting on the list... "

Too bad. I might have wanted to do the dive if there were time to sign up...

Some shots from today's dive:

Jawfish
jawfish1002261.jpg

Egg mass
eggmass1002261.jpg

Cool Urchin
urchin1002261.jpg

Common Octopus
octopus1002263.jpg

octopus1002265.jpg

Bridge construction from under the bridge
construction1002263.jpg

construction1002261.jpg

construction1002262.jpg

Sea Star taking a rest period
seastar1002261.jpg

Too bad. I might have wanted to do the dive if there were time to sign up...

You could always give Jeff a call... He might have had a cancellation.

Hey Everyone,

Not to completely sound like a total :dork2:, Could some one shed some light on the significants of the Blue Hereon Bridge. In my wanderings of gathering info on a future trip to the Florida Keys from the WC for some diving, I stumbled across this thread. first I would like to take my hat off to all of you who have taken some incredible photos of all the life in this vicinity of this bridge/dive site. I even ran across a reference to the "BHB" on ebay when looking for a beginning underwater video set up. I have only skimmed through the threads and caught snip-its of comments and posters. Including mention to an individual who has his nickers in a wad because someone "dove" under his platform and an occasional missing dive flag. I am also going to google the bridge to gather info, however it seems I get "the truth" from the fellow divers on the board. And just in case my intrusion or if my lack of knowledge offends someone on a "historical" location I apologize in advance.

Hey Everyone,

Not to completely sound like a total :dork2:, Could some one shed some light on the significants of the Blue Hereon Bridge. In my wanderings of gathering info on a future trip to the Florida Keys from the WC for some diving, I stumbled across this thread. first I would like to take my hat off to all of you who have taken some incredible photos of all the life in this vicinity of this bridge/dive site. I even ran across a reference to the "BHB" on ebay when looking for a beginning underwater video set up. I have only skimmed through the threads and caught snip-its of comments and posters. Including mention to an individual who has his nickers in a wad because someone "dove" under his platform and an occasional missing dive flag. I am also going to google the bridge to gather info, however it seems I get "the truth" from the fellow divers on the board. And just in case my intrusion or if my lack of knowledge offends someone on a "historical" location I apologize in advance.

For quite a bit of information, consolidated into one easy reference, check out Wade's Page.
Blue Heron Bridge

Hey Everyone,

I think the real significance of this site, is the variety of sea life you find in this one area. It is close to an inlet that leads to the Atlantic. Because of that, a lot of juvenile fish hang out in the area. If you look at the pictures on this thread, you will see animals that are only rarely seen in Florida waters. And, you don't have to pay for a boat ride.:)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom