The deepest pool in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neat. As for using a deep pool for tech. training, would that be a useful tool? Questions:

1.) Would you just heat the surface and let it form thermoclines, to emulate natural conditions in some locations? Dip down around 100 feet at the local quarry near me and you're looking at around 45 degrees!

2.) Would you only light the shallows, to simulate the lower viz. of deep diving?

Richard.

Like the Epcot Aquarium, it would be fun to dive once. That's a very deep pool with very warm, clear water. Totally unnatural environment, diving here would not prepare you for any ocean dives. I guess if you don't have access to the ocean, this would be better than nothing. It certainly has some advantages over my local training site, Dutch Springs, water temperature, for example.

Like the Epcot Aquarium, it would be fun to dive once. That's a very deep pool with very warm, clear water. Totally unnatural environment

You've obviously never dived in Bonaire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You've obviously never dived in Bonaire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Actually have, thrice. Even Bonaire does not have water temps of 90-93 degrees F or visibility quite as good as Y-40. On the other hand, I'll take the reefs and sea life over the tile :D

When you have nothing, then anything is an improvement.

I prefer reefs and Sealife over holes in the ground covered with tiles too. But not ever place is fortunate enough to enjoy such luxuries. So those places such Denver or even Dubai could be wonderful places for such man-made emenities. And I am sure the Tech Diver will learn to compensate for such horrid conditions as warm water and clear visibility.

A couple of things to add:

1. The staff provide all gear minus mask and computer, you can bring your own regs, everything else gear wise is forbidden.
2. The pool is naturally heated by thermal water from the ground. 33 degrees celsius, pretty warm.

You could always make them wear a blacked-out mask. :wink:

I doubt these deep pools are much good for tech training... the visibility would be too great! Tee hee.

A couple of things to add:
1. The staff provide all gear minus mask and computer, you can bring your own regs, everything else gear wise is forbidden.
I wondered why everyone had on identical fins.

Reaching the bottom---or close to it---would that count as a deep dive in the AOW class???..................but, it's not an open water one.....:)

Reaching the bottom---or close to it---would that count as a deep dive in the AOW class???..................but, it's not an open water one.....:)

The Dive shop I work with does use this as a deep dive in the AOW course from time to time. Where we are located in Northern Italy, we have one local lake which is horrible, Closesest good diving is in Pula, Croatia or Portofino, Italy. They are about 4 hours away.

Back
Top Bottom