The definition of Recreational Diving vs. Technical.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same business model that sells only basic OW training in conventional jacket BCDs, conventional regulators, flutter kick, and other..., is now selling "tech diving" and you will have to buy all new gear, who would guess.
I don't think there is anything nefarious in this. I believe it is a product of the evolution of the sport, and I use the word evolution in its truest sense.

As what we now call recreational diving exploded around the world decades ago, diving styles and equipment evolved to serve the needs of that community. For people doing that kind of diving, the flutter kick was (and is) just peachy. The jacket BCD works fine. I was once solely a part of that community. I never saw the kinds of kicks done in tech diving until I took my first tech class. Before I took that class, I has seen only a handful of backplate and wing setups in my hundreds of recreational dives around the world. In the shop in which I worked there was not a single employee who had ever seen anything but jacket BCD/flutter kick diving. Diving styles and equipment evolved beautifully for that kind of diving, and it was all they knew.

Meanwhile, there were divers who were doing dives for which that skill set and that equipment was not working. New techniques and new styles appropriate to that kind of diving evolved separately. For example, Sheck Exley did his study of cave diving deaths that impacted what people carried and how they dived. At about the same time that he did that study, Sheck and his friend Jim Wyatt wrote the course for the PADI Cave Diver certification. Soon after that, PADI decided that it didn't want to go there, and it discontinued that certification. (It has been renewed, BTW.) That marked one clear branch in the evolutionary tree, and the two continued to evolve separately. Over the decades, evolution continued until we had a clear separation of recreational and technical diving.

Dive shops around the world are not setting recreational divers up in the "wrong" gear intentionally. They are setting them up the way they always have for the kind of diving they have always done. From my personal experience, I assure you that a very high percentage of people selling jacket BCDs, split fins, etc. have no idea what goes on in tech diving, and they don't expect their customers to have any interest in it. For the most part, they are right.

When the shop with which I used to work decided to add tech gear, it had a real problem doing so. Its primary suppliers did not offer much in the way of tech gear, so it had no wholesale source for equipment. Suppliers such as Halcyon, Salvo, and Dive Rite demanded a huge initial sale and very large annual sales. With no established market for those products, the shop could not afford to make such an arrangement and carry many thousands of dollars worth of stock that quite likely would not sell. (A retailer on ScubaBoard said about two years ago that industry statistics indicated that BP/Ws account for less than 1% of all BCD sales.) They finally settled on Salvo, a few months before Salvo went in the tank and left them with unserviceable regulators, etc. There next source for a pure tech supplier was UTD, which turned out to be unsuitable as well because of their pricing policies.

The shop with which I am associated with now is in the same state. It carries no tech-like gear whatsoever, and the brands it carries for recreational gear do not make appropriate tech gear. Once again, if they wanted to sell to a decidedly risky market, they have to deal with new suppliers that demand such a large initial investment that they simply cannot risk it. That means the "and you will have to buy all new gear" jab is off target, because if their customers switch to tech, they will have to go somewhere else to buy that gear. They will be driving their customers away. In Colorado, I would guess that far fewer than 10% of the shops carry such equipment.

But things are changing. The mainline suppliers are starting to make tech equipment, meaning that the shops they service will not have to go out and find a new supplier. With some agencies teaching techniques that had evolved through the tech route from the very beginning, things will change in technique instruction as well. It will take time, but it is changing.

Boulderjohn, while I have a difficult time agreeing with your points, I must say that it's nice to hear a well thought out, concise, and educated opposing opinion from the "recreational" side of the "fence."

I have always suspected that the reason why "tech" gear like bp/wings, Jet fins, long hose primaries and necklaced backups don't sell as well as bcs, split fins and octos is because thats what the typical dive shops offer. When a new student enters the marketplace, he tends to purchase what he is exposed to, and what his trusted source recommends. If the industry as a whole is not doing this on purpose, then how can the issue of the rec/tec gap be better resolved? I cant imagine that the LDS wouldnt like to see more of their new students supplied with better gear, better training, and a better, safer mindset. I also can't imagine that these LDSs wouldn't take pride in seeing their students progress forward in their diving instead of hitting the Rescue/Divemaster glass ceiling. Do you have any suggestions?

I suggest that LDS owners and personnel learn to dive doubles. That would be all it would take. Suddenly, a whole plethora of new dive destinations and activities and gear and training would pop up in each and every dive shop.

It sounds, too, like there is an issue with suppliers and pricing controls, too. Perhaps this is changing with HOG regulators and Hollis gear and their more progressive sales ideals.

One of the problems we all face is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant. The dive industry has characteristics that we each see through our own eyes. What Bob, Lynne, and Peter see in the Seattle area is decidedly different from what I see in Colorado. My response is therefore limited by what I experience here and on vacations, and what I read on sites like ScubaBoard. Others may experience something very different. What follows are thoughts that are based upon the parts of the elephant I have seen.

Technical diving is a precarious business here in Colorado. It is not easy to find good instruction. Two of the only places one could get helium fills ended that service during the summer. One went out of business altogether, and one was losing money on its tech efforts. (I gained some insight from those failures, but I hesitate to voice some of those insights because of the flaming that will follow from those who fervidly advocate that kind of thinking.)

You said, "I cant imagine that the LDS wouldnt like to see more of their new students supplied with better gear, better training, and a better, safer mindset." In my experience, the people who are selling OW instruction and typical recreational gear believe they are selling the best gear and training already. They think tech diving is OK for people going into caves and such, but that is not what they see in their shops, and why should they stock gear for people who are not their customers. When I went to Truk, we did the most advanced wreck diving any of them had ever seen, diving that was plenty safe in jacket BCDs and conventional regulator setups. When I was doing some tech practice in the pool, some of the most experienced shop employees/instructors asked me to explain my gear set up to them, telling them why I did it that way. They had never seen it before. To succeed, you will need to convince these people that the changes you want them to undertake are worth the effort of undertaking them.

One key step is awareness. That means talking about it in a positive fashion. That means articles. That means presentations in local dive group meetings. Much of that is starting to happen. PADI is starting to include tech information in both its professional and non-professional publications. I had some interesting convestations with Karl Shreeves of PADI, who is key to their tech effort, related to the gradual includion of tech concepts in recreational diving. (More on that later.)

Another step is access to the equipment. Even when my old shop was trying to ramp up its tech efforts, I struggled to buy my gear from them. There were things they could not sell because their suppliers did not sell them and they could not afford the contract needed to get a new supplier. It is even worse with the shop with which I work now--I will find very few shopping options through them. Even though I get an employee discount for any company the store sells, I suspect I will still have to make most of my future purchases online. But that is changing. Mainstream suppliers are starting to produce tech equipment. New companies are producing tech equipment, and the competition is driving prices down.

Another key element is the elimination of the smug attitude of superiority some tech divers evidence, an attitude that drives others away and pushes them into a defensive posture. I was purely a recreational diver when I started on SB, and I was genuinely put off by the frequent and ridiculous "You're gonna die!" rants. There was one poster who wrote several times that ALL divers who use conventional octos drag them in the silt, with the result that ALL conventional octos are damaged and fail when used in an emergency. Absurd statements like that destroy credibility and make the speaker seem, frankly, ridiculous. That, too, is changing. The worst of these people abandoned SB years ago, and they have been replaced with very credible people who are quick to make balanced and reasonable statements about why they use the gear they use and why they use the skills they learned.

Finally, I see a need for the introduction of concepts once considered to be pure tech in recreational instruction. PADI accepted my Dive Planner distinctive specialty, which includes a lot of supposedly technical concepts like gas management. SSI has started teaching courses that bridge the gap. As these skills are introduced earlier and earlier in instruction, the gap to tech will not seem so huge, and a natural continuity will take shape. When I submitted my Distinctive Specialty, I had a very protracted argument with PADI about what skills that they thought were technical and I thought should be part of recreational diving. We didn't resolve anything, but I think I planted some seeds, if nothing else. Right now the gap between standard recreational diving and tech diving is huge, so a recreational diver has to make a gigantic commitment to start. I think that has to change.

Agreed! It's so refreshing to be able to talk to someone about this who does see the "fence." Typically, by now, people with the LDS mindset and the person with the "there is no gap" mindset would be involved in a flame war. :) I'm genuinely enjoying this conversation, and it's got everthing to do with your ability to put together your thoughts in a succinct, organized manner. Thank you!

One of the problems we all face is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant. The dive industry has characteristics that we each see through our own eyes. What Bob, Lynne, and Peter see in the Seattle area is decidedly different from what I see in Colorado. My response is therefore limited by what I experience here and on vacations, and what I read on sites like ScubaBoard. Others may experience something very different. What follows are thoughts that are based upon the parts of the elephant I have seen.

Same here.

I must admit, though, that the thought process of things being so different from geographical setting to geographical setting sounds alarmingly like the "around here" diver that I explained in a previous post... And that's not a good thing.

You said, "I cant imagine that the LDS wouldnt like to see more of their new students supplied with better gear, better training, and a better, safer mindset." In my experience, the people who are selling OW instruction and typical recreational gear believe they are selling the best gear and training already.

I don't understand that thought process. How can they feel that way if they're out and diving at all? The moment they run into someone who dives what they would call "tech," don't they begin to wonder what's up with that? I mean, can't they see the nailed buoyancy, the careful planning, the streamlined configuration, and the extraordinary ability to do dives that they would never consider? I would think that the differences would be obvious the moment that they saw a "tech" diver dive.

It was for me.

They think tech diving is OK for people going into caves and such, but that is not what they see in their shops, and why should they stock gear for people who are not their customers. When I went to Truk, we did the most advanced wreck diving any of them had ever seen, diving that was plenty safe in jacket BCDs and conventional regulator setups.

Penetration dives without a long hose? What would have happened had one diver experienced an OOG while in the wreck? How would two divers been able to exit any sort of restriction? With all due respect, how could this be considered "equally safe?"

How did y'all get doubles on an LDS "jacket" BC? Did you not do "the most advanced wreck diving they'd ever seen in Truk" in doubles? If not, how can you say that it was "equally safe" in singles? Without a redundant first stage and a manifold and the additional gas from a second tank, how could that be "equally safe" in an overhead environment?

When I was doing some tech practice in the pool, some of the most experienced shop employees/instructors asked me to explain my gear set up to them, telling them why I did it that way. They had never seen it before. To succeed, you will need to convince these people that the changes you want them to undertake are worth the effort of undertaking them.

Well, I know that this may qualify me as the kind of scuba snob that you were referring to earlier, but I really don't care if they ("recreational divers") make changes or not. I am not motivated to get them to make changes. I'm perfectly happy doing dives that they won't, because they see this huge gap in "rec" vs. "tech."

My only interest in any of this is my expressed concern for what the LDS ("recreational community") seems to be teaching, and what I consider safe, healthy, and limitless diving. So I'm not motivated to make the divers change... I'm only interested in addressing the shortcomings in what is the most popular dive training in the world.

One key step is awareness.

Agreed, although with the internet and enough "tech" divers at the local dive sites to make "rec" divers curious, I have a tough time understanding how they are not aware... Or how LDS personnel like yourself can possibly think that it's safe to do the "most advanced wreck diving in Truk" in a jacket bc, a single tank (since I don't know of a jacket BC that allows the use of doubles) and in the absence of a long hose primary, a prerequisite to exiting a restriction in an OOG.

Another step is access to the equipment. Even when my old shop was trying to ramp up its tech efforts, I struggled to buy my gear from them. There were things they could not sell because their suppliers did not sell them and they could not afford the contract needed to get a new supplier. It is even worse with the shop with which I work now--I will find very few shopping options through them. Even though I get an employee discount for any company the store sells, I suspect I will still have to make most of my future purchases online. But that is changing. Mainstream suppliers are starting to produce tech equipment. New companies are producing tech equipment, and the competition is driving prices down.

Okay, that I can not understand at all. Please explain this to me.

Why am I, as a non-dive industry professional, able to access things like backplates and wings, long hoses, can lights, Jet fins, and "tech" training while they are not? That's baloney. If I, as the consumer, can get this stuff, they can too.

I suspect that what you really mean is that they can not get this stuff "factory authorized," or at a substantial enough discount to be able to make money on it. I can accept that... But that's a pricing issue and/or profit issue, not a "supply" issue.

When I purchased my first long hose, I bought it from Extreme Exposure in High Springs, FL. I don't remember if I had to drive down there (5 hours each way), or I ordered it online/by phone and had it shipped. I'd have paid $20 more for the thing if it was available at my LDS and they'd been able to show it to me and show me how to use it. At current prices, that's a 60% profit margin on that item. That, to me, works just fine as a business model, and beats not being able to help the customer at all. That whole transaction could have happened just fine had my LDS bought from them without any discount whatsoever.

This example shows that yes, the LDS could have this stuff in their stores just fine, even without the "factory authorized" status or consignment situation. This whole idea of "our suppliers don't supply it" is a complete copout. If that's true, then get another supplier. Or find another supply option. What's the problem?

After all, that's what I do if my normal supply option - the LDS - doesn't have what I need. Apparently you do, too, even though you work for the LDS. Why is the LDS not doing this? Why isn't the LDS on Cavediver.net and Scubaboard.com and eBay, finding good deals on low-priced and new or nearly new "tech" gear?

...And before you say that the customers aren't asking for it... Of course they aren't! That's because they only know what the LDS recommends. What do you tell a client when he says, "I want to purchase the most "tech" BC available?" Of course they won't buy a backplate and wing if you don't have one in stock and don't recommend one...

Another key element is the elimination of the smug attitude of superiority some tech divers evidence, an attitude that drives others away and pushes them into a defensive posture. I was purely a recreational diver when I started on SB, and I was genuinely put off by the frequent and ridiculous "You're gonna die!" rants. There was one poster who wrote several times that ALL divers who use conventional octos drag them in the silt, with the result that ALL conventional octos are damaged and fail when used in an emergency. Absurd statements like that destroy credibility and make the speaker seem, frankly, ridiculous.

I can understand that. I feel the same way about these people. I think we all do, regardless of what "side" of the "fence" you're on. :) Still, I can understand how they have that attitude... If someone's found a better way of doing something, they tend to become zealots about it, and their "what the heck are you doing that for" attitudes can feel offensive.

Finally, I see a need for the introduction of concepts once considered to be pure tech in recreational instruction. PADI accepted my Dive Planner distinctive specialty, which includes a lot of supposedly technical concepts like gas management. SSI has started teaching courses that bridge the gap. As these skills are introduced earlier and earlier in instruction, the gap to tech will not seem so huge, and a natural continuity will take shape. When I submitted my Distinctive Specialty, I had a very protracted argument with PADI about what skills that they thought were technical and I thought should be part of recreational diving. We didn't resolve anything, but I think I planted some seeds, if nothing else. Right now the gap between standard recreational diving and tech diving is huge, so a recreational diver has to make a gigantic commitment to start. I think that has to change.

Agreed. That's the whole point, I think... There is NOT a gigantic commitment to start, from this perspective. The concept, to me, that there IS a huge commitment - the "rec/tec gap" - is one that comes from the "recreational" side of the "fence." We're trying to tell those on the "rec" side that there ISN'T a gap at all... Especially if they embrace certain philosophies in diving from their very first, simplest dives. There is no reason why NOT to plan a dive. There is no reason why NOT to dive a long hose primary and necklaced backup. There is no reason why NOT to have excellent buddy skills. There is no reason why NOT to use a backplate and wing. There is no reason why NOT to nail your buoyancy and trim and learn that a frogkick and a back kick and a mod flutter is just another "tool" in the "toolbox" of kick styles.

Yet, if you don't learn/use these skills and gear, your diving will be limited, or at least present later on this huge gap between "rec" and "tech" that requries this enormous commitment and probably expense while the diver relearns and repurchases everything.

...So why doesn't the LDS point them down the right road to begin with? Forgive me if I must assume that this has to do with money and selling twice the gear, because I simply don't see any other reason why an LDS would teach this way.

The semantic problem is that everyone is trying to sort diving into recreational and technical diving as separate entities. The reality is that there are only four types of diving military, commercial, scientific, recreational (each may be further subdivided, e.g., military: combat swimmer, ship husbandry, EOD, etc.). Recreational wholly contains most of technical diving and scientific most of the rest, with a small chunk of technical diving going to commercial (e.g., COMEX Rapid Intervention, though that included Sur-D).

Many of the last few posts seem to dance around some facts, IMHO.

What percentage of "today's" new divers take more than the Basic OW Certification Course?

(by "today's" I mean in the last 20 years, as there is really little difference between my '92 PADI OW Course and the PADI OW Course I teach today)

What percentage of "today's" new divers take more than AOW?

What percentage of "today's" new divers take Rescue?

What percentage of "today's" new divers take Deep Specialty?

And finally, the most important question for this conversation; What percentage of today's new divers take any kind of Tech Certification Course?

Is it not very, very likely that the percentage of the world's diving population that is going to progress to any kind of Tech Certification is no more than 10%, and likely less than 5%?

:idk:

Last edited:
I don't understand that thought process. How can they feel that way if they're out and diving at all? The moment they run into someone who dives what they would call "tech," don't they begin to wonder what's up with that? I mean, can't they see the nailed buoyancy, the careful planning, the streamlined configuration, and the extraordinary ability to do dives that they would never consider? I would think that the differences would be obvious the moment that they saw a "tech" diver dive.
This is from my view of the elephant. Here in Colorado, as I suspect is true of most landlocked American states, there is not much local diving done. Most--probably 90%--of the people do their diving on vacations to warm water resorts. I had hundreds such dives before I saw my first diver in a BP/W, and I would say I have only seen a couple on such trips. The only tech divers I dived with or even saw before my first tech class myself were the handful of such divers I contacted ahead of time through ScubaBoard. When our shop decided to offer tech, I don't believe any of the recreational instructors had ever seen a tech diver in action before.

A number of these people have outstanding buoyancy and other scuba skills in the OW water. With the exception of professional divemasters at resorts, they themselves are the best divers they have ever seen.

Penetration dives without a long hose? What would have happened had one diver experienced an OOG while in the wreck? How would two divers been able to exit any sort of restriction? With all due respect, how could this be considered "equally safe?"
I don't know who you are quoting when you write "equally safe." I said "plenty safe," which is not the same thing. The wrecks they dove, like the sanitized artificial reef wrecks wrecks of South Florida, are easily exited face to face. No really tight restrictions. There are more difficult wrecks in Truk, but they did not dive them.
Agreed, although with the internet and enough "tech" divers at the local dive sites to make "rec" divers curious, I have a tough time understanding how they are not aware...
As I said, I am giving you my view of the elephant. These people are not seing tech divers at local dive sites. You live in one environment, but there is a huge portion of the world that does not have access to great local diving crawling with tech divers. As I noted earlier, in a thread a couple of years ago, a scuba retailer provided industry statistics that said BP/Ws are less than 1% of the total BCD sales. If you have a large number of tech divers in your area, that must mean that there are many other areas with practically none. In my area, the tech divers drive all the way to Santa Rosa, New Mexico for their diving. When they are there, they go to a site on private property that is pretty much open to only a relative handful of tech divers--no recreational divers watching.

Or how LDS personnel like yourself can possibly think that it's safe to do the "most advanced wreck diving in Truk" in a jacket bc, a single tank (since I don't know of a jacket BC that allows the use of doubles) and in the absence of a long hose primary, a prerequisite to exiting a restriction in an OOG.
Please don't misquote me. It was the most advanced they had seen, not the most advanced in Truk. There were no serious restrictions to navigate. Next, and this is the part I really want to get across--I am sure none of them had ever seen a rig with a long hose and didn't realize it was considered important. That is my point about awareness--they really didn't know any better.

Okay, that I can not understand at all. Please explain this to me.

Why am I, as a non-dive industry professional, able to access things like backplates and wings, long hoses, can lights, Jet fins, and "tech" training while they are not? That's baloney. If I, as the consumer, can get this stuff, they can too.
Of course they can. I can, too. But if they want to sell it through the shop, they have to have an workable agreement with the dealer.

I suspect that what you really mean is that they can not get this stuff "factory authorized," or at a substantial enough discount to be able to make money on it. I can accept that... But that's a pricing issue and/or profit issue, not a "supply" issue.
That's what I said. When we first started Tech, they finally decided to go with Salvo as a supplier. By agreement, they had to make a huge initial purchase and guarantee a certain amount in annual sales. I was part of that first purchase, buying more than I could afford to help make up the initial purchase requirement. When Salvo went under, a new supplier was needed. I sat with the buyer and we talked. She told me what the Dive Rite requirements were, etc. and said they could not afford to purchase that much inventory without a sense that it was going to get sold eventually. If you are in South Florida, it's no problem. Here that inventory would just sit on the shelves.

We got a great benefit when XS Scuba started buying up a lot of little companies--it gave them the ability to buy some of that stuff.

Then they went with UTD for their equipment and found what it was like to work with a company that essentially undersells its own vendors. I got a discount on purchases--20% over dealer cost. I wanted a more powerful primary light and sat down with the buyer and the UTD catalog to see what I could get. I saw the exact dealer price in the catalog, so I know I was not getting hosed. With my 20% over dealer cost discount through the shop, I would have had to pay more than it would have cost me to buy the light I wanted if I paid full retail at the UTD web site. A dive shop cannot survive on a <20% margin for its highest priced items.

When I purchased my first long hose, I bought it from Extreme Exposure in High Springs, FL. I don't remember if I had to drive down there (5 hours each way), or I ordered it online/by phone and had it shipped. I'd have paid $20 more for the thing if it was available at my LDS and they'd been able to show it to me and show me how to use it. At current prices, that's a 60% profit margin on that item. That, to me, works just fine as a business model, and beats not being able to help the customer at all. That whole transaction could have happened just fine had my LDS bought from them without any discount whatsoever.
Hoses were never a problem. Anyone can get hoses of any length easily.

This example shows that yes, the LDS could have this stuff in their stores just fine, even without the "factory authorized" status or consignment situation. This whole idea of "our suppliers don't supply it" is a complete copout. If that's true, then get another supplier. Or find another supply option. What's the problem?
Here is the equipment sales page for a local shop. See any tech suppliers there? If they want to sell BP/Ws, canister lights, etc., they are going to have to get new suppliers. As I said, the most well known of those have minimum purchase requirements that a shop in Florida or Seattle or San Diego can meet easily, but here in the heartland it isn't happening.

The shops don't sell the tech gear because they don't think there is enough market for it. Because they don't sell it, there really isn't a market for it. You can say it's a chicken-egg thing, but if your existence depended upon reading the market correctly and not making costly purchases that aren't going to sell, you might be afraid to take a chance as well.

To give you an idea of how vastly popular tech is here, in the last few months two shops in our area have shut down. One was very much involved with tech, and the other was borderline tech (I never used it, so I am not really sure how much). A third shop, the one I used to work with, stopped dealing with tech because it was losing money on it. In the case of the shop that went out of business, an independent tech instructor who lives about an hour north of here bought their compressor and is trying to figure out a way to set things up so that those of us who need helium fills can get it done. Once he has it, that's where I will be getting my helium fills.

...So why doesn't the LDS point them down the right road to begin with? Forgive me if I must assume that this has to do with money and selling twice the gear, because I simply don't see any other reason why an LDS would teach this way.
You can't point them down that road if you don't know where it is--or if you yourself don't think it's the right road. And in addition, it does have to do with stocking gear that sells v. gear that doesn't sell. Is that a sin?

You'd think so, but I have dived with a great many people who did not appear to notice any difference between the way they dove and the way I dove, or at least, any difference that meant anything to them.

Minimum purchase and guaranteed sales figures make it very hard for small shops to expand the range of things they offer. I remember when I wanted to buy an O2 analyzer. I went to my LDS and asked them if they could get one for me. They called Oxycheq and found out they had to buy $1000 worth of goods, to be able to order an analyzer for me. They didn't think they could sell $1000 of anything Oxycheq made, so in the end, I bought it directly from the manufacturer.

On the other hand, my current LDS, where the owner dives a backplate and would love to sell them, has had a DSS single tank rig sitting in his store since I met him, which is now several years. Tobin doesn't insist on a huge minimum purchase . . . but the one rig the owner bought, he has never been able to sell. This is not a big incentive to try to stock more such gear!

The semantic problem is that everyone is trying to sort diving into recreational and technical diving as separate entities. The reality is that there are only four types of diving military, commercial, scientific, recreational (each may be further subdivided, e.g., military: combat swimmer, ship husbandry, EOD, etc.). Recreational wholly contains most of technical diving and scientific most of the rest, with a small chunk of technical diving going to commercial (e.g., COMEX Rapid Intervention, though that included Sur-D).

I'll tell you that we are going to have to drink way more beer to make any logical impact on the pi**ing contest between recreational and techreational discussions.

Glad I'm going diving tomorrow.

Bob
-----------------------------
I may be old, but I&#8217;m not dead yet.

Back
Top Bottom