the Five Foot Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony once bubbled...
I guessed he had a 5' hose on his reg..... never woulda' guessed he was using a 36" hose with what looks to be a 45 or 90 degree offset on it.
That's my roots rig (as in back to my roots) though some might call it a stroke rig since there is no *safe second*... or wing/BC for that matter. :D

I wouldn't dive that just anywhere or with just anyone... in fact I usually dive my double 72s on such dives.

GearHead once bubbled...

I stand corrected; sorry DiverBuoy. I expected to see a setup with a Bamboo snorkel. :D

Disappointed,

Rick

Have you ever tried taking a 3 foot garden hose or pvc pipe into a swimming pool and attempted to inhale on it? ... PLEASE DON'T. You run the risk of Carbon Dioxide poisoning ... even if your lungs were strong enough to draw air down the apparatus against the compressing force of the ambient water pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom