The future of dive travel vs local diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The EV fan bois conveniently seem to forget that a lot of people don’t have the capability to charge at home. Either you rent or maybe you have a condo or townhouse where installing a charger isn’t possible. Even if I did have the capability to charge at home (which I don’t as I rent), I’m in rural areas way too often to make an EV practical. My next vehicle will be a hybrid, but not a plug in one. I’ll probably go Toyota. A Prius has enough room for all the gear, but has way too little ground clearance for my taste. Corolla Cross hybrid, which is essentially a copy of the Subaru Crosstrek, is high on the list of possibilities.
Look at the model right under the Highlander.
I guess that would be the RAV4 Hybrid?

Oh and don't forget about the impact it has on our coral reefs. We are all so worried about our coral reefs but us as divers are destroying the coral reefs everyday just by diving on them.
On average I would say that once a person is introduced to the underwater world through diving they become far more aware of how delicate it all is and become the waters greatest ambassadors.

..and the impact of divers on the reefs is minuscule compared to the fishing industry -the areas that have been stripped out of fish is horrifying- not to mention bottom net trawling damage

divers schmivers

017.JPG

The ocean bumps into itself far better than divers can

HO HO HO!

I am lucky enough to dive locally in warm blue waters (Greece). Nevertheless, the global warming is already affecting our seas, as we witness an intrusion of lionfish and other tropical species, wreaking havoc on our Mediterranean underwater ecosystems. Who knows, if I get old and have grandchildren, at last I will have this dreamy Red Sea reef literally at my doorstep, if I dare to venture outside in a nice
cool day with temperatures soaring above 40 ° C, due to climate change🙄...

Back
Top Bottom