The Girls Next Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim R Alcoser JR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was searching for shows with the title "scuba" in it on my Time Warner Cable DVR when I found one called Scuba, Scuba Doo! Sadly, it was one of the many shows I despise called "The Girls Next Door", one of those many MTV, Jersey Shore, 16 and pregnant shows that I avoid at all costs (i'm a young adult by the way and this stuff is advertised toward my age group). But, given the fact it was about Scuba Diving, I went ahead and watched it.

Basically, 3 of the playboy bunnies at the Playboy Mansion invite a Scuba Instructor to teach them how to Scuba Dive and they eventually complete dives at the Catalina Dive Park and off the Catalina coast on a dive boat.

Now, to be fair, the vast majority of the entire episode is all about Scuba Diving learning and not about any sort of "playboy" style garbage (except the very end), but it's still not something I'd gather the family around to enjoy. It's sort of a quirky show, watching 3 students learn the basics of Scuba, and even brings back a few memories of my first time learning.

The link only has part of the episode. You'll have to watch it on TV, or search for it.

Enjoy, if that's your sort of thing. Scuba Diving, not the playboy business.

Diving In - YouTube

The Girls Next Door - Season 5, Episode 19: Scuba, Scuba, Do! - TV.com

Was there when they filmed it. Know the instructor involved. Shocked at how young the bunnies were. I prefer mine a bit more "aged."

Was there when they filmed it. Know the instructor involved. Shocked at how young the bunnies were. I prefer mine a bit more "aged."

Do you know if further lessons were given before they were passed? I'm suprised that a diver that basically paniced on the surface of their last dive would be passed until they were more comfortable underwater.
I can understand if the "pass" was for TV only.

Do you know if further lessons were given before they were passed? I'm suprised that a diver that basically paniced on the surface of their last dive would be passed until they were more comfortable underwater.
I can understand if the "pass" was for TV only.

The 'panic' may have been for TV only.

"Reality TV" is a great deal more scripted event than the networks would have you believe. It's all part of the illusion of spontaneity.

Definitely have to agree with John A on this. I would rather watch grass grow then the Kardashian twits trying to sound or look like they are important. My TV time is about 2 hrs. a month and that is news or weather. Reality has a new meaning on TV. How many people does it take to survive in a group of bickering idiots? Give me the old time shows where men were men, like, Sea Hunt, Combat, the Three Stooges!! However our "politically correct" would have them banned for violence and the bad influence it has on kids.

I don't even have TV... and my life has been more rewarding because of it. When I was staying with Mom months ago, she had over 500 channels, and I could rarely find anything I wanted to watch.

Not sure whether the girl who panicked at the surface actually passed or not. Knowing the shop and the instructor involved, I doubt it unless there was further instruction.

How many people does it take to survive in a group of bickering idiots? Give me the old time shows where men were men, like, Sea Hunt, Combat, the Three Stooges!!

I LOL when i read this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom