The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiverjunkie:
Well they have alot of good dive operations here obviously. The ones that I dive with are South Florida Dive Headquarters or ScubaTyme - Pro Dive is Awesome too. Best dive and a must do is Tenneco Towers. Don't miss it. Tons of great wrecks here. Drop me aline if ya need a buddy to dive.

Thanks Junkie,
Appreciate it..

scubadiverjunkie:
I tried to "just send it in"

Er no, you didn't. Here's what you wrote in your original post.

From there I explained the problem - to which the "service" guy told me there was no-way this could be. So after debating for about another 20mins (long distance) I told him I would get back to him. From there I went to my LDS and gave the reg to my friend whi is also an instructor and certified to repair regulators.

1. You explained the problem
2. Debated with the service rep
3. Left it unresolved
4. Went to LDS

That there's the kiss of the devil, I'm sad to say. Next time try something like this; it works well for me, even with LeisurePro (done it twice with them).

1. Say your warrantied gear is broken
2. You're not exactly sure how it's broken, but it HAS to be a warranty defect
3. Jump immediately into getting mailing instructions back to the company for repair/replacement... don't get sidelined with questions about the busted item. All you want to know is the mailing address and packing information.
4. Thank them very much.

Tech guys shouldn't be wasting their time and yours trying to isolate problems over the phone, that you're not authorized to repair anyway. With luck avoid tech support altogether and just get a general service rep. They should have even less time to chat, and will LOVE customers that give them no grief. If you have an LDS look over your gear, you may void the LeisurePro warranty. Be careful when you do that.

archman:
If you have an LDS look over your gear, you may void the LeisurePro warranty. Be careful when you do that.

Hmmm... So if someone who is factory trained from the manufacturer looks at your equipment... it will void the Leisure Pro warranty...

Why not just buy stuff so you can take it anywhere for service... have a full manufacturers warranty - and get the same pricing?

scubatoys:
So if someone who is factory trained from the manufacturer looks at your equipment... it will void the Leisure Pro warranty...

I'm not sure it'll void it, but if you take LeisurePro-bought stuff to an LDS (other than LP) for service, you're not going to get anybody's warranty support for it. So if the LDS starts fiddling with it, but you still end up shipping it back to LeisurePro, they're not going to be too keen to honor their warranty.

But you're right scubatoys, if you buy from an authorized dealer, your warranty support options are much better.

bottomdweller:
Hello again, I just came across Leisure-pro's website, they seem to have the lowest prices I have found on name brand gear. Like the old saying goes "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ". Is there something I should know before sending them all my money ? Thanks.
They claim to warranty item in their own shop. A fellow diver is still waiting for hie Beauchat Regulator, 3 months now. That is just for annuak service.
PS. I don't think the staff dives. I asked what type of gear he used and the guy on the other end of the phone, began to stutter

Mario S Caner:
Face it people, where there's smoke there's a fire. That's not saying that you will run into trouble every time, or even at all, but with so many people whom have had trouble in the past, is it worth the gamble?

Would be interesting to review your statistics upon which you base your hypothesis. . .

Iguana Don:
If Leisure Pro is not authorized to sell "Brand X" equipment, then how do they or any other dealer that is not authorized buy it to sell to the public.

Could some of you industry insiders help me out on this?

ID

On such things as regulators and computers there are serial numbers. Products which are generally associated with the maintenance of peoples lives are usually serialized and documented in some type of database.
Doing a filtered querry with the specific serial number as the sole parameter will return the data and sales information for the unit in question.

Genesis - check your sig for commas before the org.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

Simple,
just go to the manufacturers site and find an authorized dealer. Remember, when it comes to life support. Buying from authorized professionals is always a good choice. Your life may depend upon it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom