The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybordolphin once bubbled...
You guys are not serious about complaining cause your new reg freeflows...???

Most regs will.... until you make the adjustment needed. It usually is very simple. Have an allen wrench/key? I can't believe you actually spent all the time and energy to return the regs. Likely when you receive your next one(s) they will do the same thing. ITS OK... just adjust them or have someone do it for you.
It is no reason to return the reg(s).

This is no reason to insinuate that Leisurepro is bad, or you .

JMO.

....not insinuating anything, will post future results here. I hope all works out well for us that can't make minor adjustments, I wish I could:(

...any good sites that I can peruse and learn to make minor adjustments?

If anyone is serious (curious ) about doing their own regulator /equipment work...and is not COMPLETELY comfortable about doing the work 1-buy and read reference books until you are confident or 2-DO'NT do the work..let the pro's do it....
regulators are blindingly simple in what they do,but, there is no room for error..having an 'o' ring go out 80+ feet down is a bad way to learn you did wrong :eek: :eek: but yes most divers in my opinion are capable of learning /doing their own work..the hard part is getting the needed repair parts.Again inmy opinion all divers should have some type of equipment knowledge if for no other reason to know when a problem really is a problem and not just a needed adjustment...sorry to be so long...one of my pet peives...

william

....took 11 days from the day I sent them from dfw, tx to leisure pro ltd, ny,ny round trip. Cost me 12 bux for ups. They sent new regs, I checked the serial numbers on the previous ones I sent back. I will try them out again in the pool before I hit the open water. I'll keep you posted....

cybordolphin once bubbled...
You guys are not serious about complaining cause your new reg freeflows...???

Most regs will.... until you make the adjustment needed. It usually is very simple. Have an allen wrench/key? I can't believe you actually spent all the time and energy to return the regs. Likely when you receive your next one(s) they will do the same thing. ITS OK... just adjust them or have someone do it for you.
It is no reason to return the reg(s).

Yep.. yep.. yep.. yep.. I had my tanks on ready to walk to the water and thought I heard an every-so-slight hiss. Sure enough, the reg had decided to free-flow slight (not sure if it was an air temp thing or what ...32°F... but a quick turn off of the air to that reg and removal of the 2nd while my tanks were still on allowed access to the allen adjustment... tweak, double-check, tweak, double-check... and away I went with no further issues that day... simpie, simpie, simpie....

...Certainly, I'd read the Vance Harlow Reg book and used an Apeks rebuild slide show to work on my regs before, but it's not rocket science...

wb

I am currently looking at purchasing a bcd. 1/2nd stage reg with octo from this company.. I would like to find out what other peoples expierences have been with them.... + and - ,...

Thanks

Steve

Mine has been 100% positive. bought from them 4 or 5 times.

WW

What have you purchased... any problems with the products..

Did they follow through on there warrenttee

I am looking at a scuba pro 1s/2n reg and Scuba Pro states they
do not honour it from them...
\\

steve

paramedic once bubbled...
What have you purchased... any problems with the products..

Did they follow through on there warrenttee

I am looking at a scuba pro 1s/2n reg and Scuba Pro states they
do not honour it from them...
\\

steve

Never had to use their warranty. If you want SP, look at diveinn also. Personally I bought my SP regs at my local shop.

WW

Order a couple times, no problems.
Received warrenty card for them on dive computer.

The good:
Packaged stuff - Dive Alert, safety gear, lights, etc. No issues there. Fast, dependable, its all good. I'm buying an OMS SPG this afternoon. Packaged stuff, no issues.

Prices are very tough to beat. And for me, on-line shopping is all about price.

The bad:
BC's - both BCs I bought from them (before my assimiliation, of course) were floor worn last year's models. The SeaQuest Balance underwent a change in design a few years ago - I wanted the current design (neoprene neck role, better graphics, etc.) I made my purchase well into the new design year - what I got was the old BC. Sent it back, they RESENT another of the Old model. the SAME thing happened a year later when I bought my wife's Libra.... it was unreal.

Aside from the fact their website is the slowest site on the planet, and their search functions are completely worthless, I have no issues with them. eBay has been much better to me.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom