The greatest value of SB...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gotten good advice on a lot of topics. The heated discussions are interesting. I've found that at times 2 people, each with 50 times my experience can totally disagree on something. I guess diving itself is like DCS--not an exact science. From all of this I've just learned to be very carefull and conservative.

The greatest value I've gotten from SB . . . man, that's hard. SB brought me my mentor (NW Grateful Diver) and also started me on the road to DIR dive training (which Bob furthered) and that training is almost certainly why I still dive, and absolutely is why I cave dive.

And I have met SO many people through this board, some of whom have become extremely close and valued friends, Bob among them. Mo2vation, HBDiveGirl, KMD, rhlee, alwaingold, kidspot, dive-aholic, cool_hardware 52, OE2X, Snowbear, chickdiver . . . I can't even BEGIN to list the people who have dived with me, who have mentored me, who have been role models and supporters. The single biggest value of networking sites like this is the people.

What surprised me? How long any thread I start about DIR diving can run, and how amazingly emotional it can become!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom