The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank You scubaroo. What about integrated weights with the single tank setup? Have you ever had a need for more than the 3 D-rings? I'm just learning about these for now...thanx again.

I use the ACB20 system from Halcyon for weight integration - in a drysuit I only need another 10lb, so it's 5 a side. Some people use trim weight pockets, and there will be a new product or two in the market place after DEMA in a few weeks - no doubt you'll read about them here.

Most BP/wing users prefer a weightbelt however. I've never dived mine with a weightbelt - I used to own a weight integrated BC, so when I bought the backplate, I just bought the weightpockets.

bgbill once bubbled...

It comes with a STA, as it has no slots for bands.

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you attach the tank to the STA if the STA doesent have any slots for cam bands? Also, can you replace the sta with another brand thats weighted/non-weighted?

I spoke to Underwater Explorers, who sell the Eclipse here in England, and they said the STA has slots for the cam bands.

cheers

r

gbrandon once bubbled...

This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you attach the tank to the STA if the STA doesent have any slots for cam bands? Also, can you replace the sta with another brand thats weighted/non-weighted?

It is the wing that does not have slots for cam bands.

The STA does have slots for cam bands, Halcyon also makes a weighted STA.

Thanks for clearing that up. I should have read the post closer.

The former is beautifully made, the latter convinient access for repairs.

the larger 40lbs Eclipse.

Back
Top Bottom