The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the process of switching over to a BP/Wing combo and I was just looking at Halcyon's web site and I saw the new Eclipse wing. I have not read or heard anyone talk about this wing and was wondering if any of you had any experience with it and what your thoughts are. Almost all of my diving is done in Texas lakes year round in anything from a bathing suit and T-shirt to hopefully a drysuit in the future. I dive with a single aluminum 80 but do plan on progressing when time and money will allow. I usually dive with between 6-20lbs of weight depending on exposure protection. I don't really know what wings I should be looking at, and the local Hillbilly dive shop won't even talk to me about BP/wing combos. I could use a little guidence and it would be very appreciated.

I have a quick questions about lift capacities for the eclipse. I did a search and really couldn't find anything to answer my question, so im sorry if it has allready been asked and answered. I am looking into getting an eclipse wing but im not sure what capacity to get. I do a lot of dry diving and when i do i wear between 24 and 28 pounds depending on underwear. I usually use aluminum tanks but somtimes use steels. I also cary a 19 pony on some deeper dives. I would like to be as stream lined as possible. Is the 30 enough or do you think i need to go to 40.
Thanks
Doug

Not being familiar with the eclipse, but just generally, I would say 40 lbs if you're using steel. That may or may not be enough depending on how big the steel tank is. If your statement "steels" is correct and you mean doubles, the eclipse is probably not suitable and neither is 40 lbs.

I dive a single steel dry with a 36lb Pioneer wing, but I don't carry a pony.

MD

I still would go for the 40. I doubt if you'll see much drag difference between the two and I think 30lb is marginal for your equipment. Most of the BC's are overrated when it comes to lift anyway.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom