The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering why they still haven't adjusted the MC Storage Pack to cover the top bolt!!! Anyway, I read the article... HAHAHAHA...
"I couldn’t adjust the Eclipse at all once it was on me, and getting it off became a joint effort between the diving officer and cox. Moreover, it would be impossible to undo it all in the water and ditch it in an emergency."
This is probably why I can easily slip out of mine, in or out of the water.

Reviews like this sound as ridiculous as a car review of an F1 car... "There are no power windows, no power steering, no radio, no automatic transmission, no A/C. The Mercedez Benz F1 race car is a poor example of automobile engineering. Give me my Honda Civic any day!" ... DUH!

I know this sounds elitist, but they shouldn't sell equipment to people who aren't trained to use it.

LioKai:
Don't forget to check the top of the inflator hose. If you have a pull-dump inflator hose, the valve at the pull-dump has a large o-ring that could be missing or has a tear in it. As was mentioned before, be sure to thread correctly, and only hand tight. If you need a tool to tighten then it is too tight.

Keep in mind, with all of these responses then we all must have had a problem or two in the past.

Good luck.

Matthew J D'Avella

I'd be willing to bet money that's not what it is. Halcyon wings don't have a pull dump inflator hose...

And it just sounds like a bad inflator or dump... something misthreaded or whatever. I wouldn't get worried about it - just re-thread the dump or replace the o-ring or whatever is wrong, before demanding a new wing for no reason at all.

********* UPDATE *********

Went back to the shop today. Guy hooked it up and inflated it. Sure enough thing deflated nearly entirely in approx 7-10 minutes. We checked the dump and inflator several times with no audible sounds of escaping air.

They were more than happy to give me another one and test it before i left the shop. I kept it inflated the whole way home and didnt lose any air at all.

Thanks all for your input.

911_abuser:
called the shop and they said theyd take a look...i dont want them to take a look i want another eclipse wing.

I suggest you contact Halcyon directly and see what they suggest. I’ve found it remarkably easy to get through to a knowledgeable person during normal working hours on weekdays; they’ve always been most helpful.

There are always going to be some problems what differentiates a good company is how they handle the problems; give them a chance.

Mike

Read up a few posts. The shop where he bought it replaced it for him...

problem solved...

LUBOLD8431:
Read up a few posts. The shop where he bought it replaced it for him...

problem solved...

Thanks, without your brilliant insight I never would have figured that out! :wink:

Actually I started my reply before his latest post appeared but got sidetracked a couple of times before I posted it.

Hey, whatever I can do to help...
I just cant read for you...

so wearing the two bcs one right after the other you can see the difference in size. the seaquest pro qd+ is more than twice the size.

i got plans tomorrow but i might sneak a quick jump into the canal across the street to see how it goes.

expect a FULL AND COMPREHENSIVE REPORT ON THE HALCYON ECLIPSE soon!

later,

fernando

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom