The last body part to reach full saturation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapeople59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know what the last body part to reach full saturation? We were talking about this the other day in the store.
I am thinking it would be the eye. Any thoughts anyone?

For some reason the first body part that came to my mind was not the eye.

Is that bones with a question mark, or do you know for sure? Someone had said that it was the bones because it is the most dense part of the body. What would you base your thoughts or answer on?

Do bones actually absorb?? If they do I would think it would be VERY VERY slow.

For some reason the first body part that came to my mind was not the eye.

:rofl3:

The question was saturation, not satisfaction :wink:

Best wishes.

Edit: Serious answer... I don't know either, but I'd guess tissues with the lowest blood supply.... joint cartilage?? I'd be interested in the real answer.

Is that bones with a question mark, or do you know for sure? Someone had said that it was the bones because it is the most dense part of the body. What would you base your thoughts or answer on?

I'm not a deco expert or a medical expert.
But my guess is less about density and more about blood flow and the physical properties of bones ability to absorb gasses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom