The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read this book a while ago.

It was a good read. however, I felt like it was the proverbial "don't try this at home kids".

The best thing about this read was analyzing what they did wrong that led to thierdimise. It is a good thing that all divers can learn from this incident.

The biggest lesson I learned was to set my limit and stay within in it. Do not let peer pressure force you to do a dive you are not ready for.

the last dive was an awsome read.
i liked it for most of the mentioned reasons.
it's an adventure thriller on tech diving, how could it be bad? :D

the familiarity really brought it home.
diving dutch. eating lunch and dinner out of the fridge at ginnie.
flashbacks to when i walked into my lds for the first time and wound up staying for hours listening to a story about how they found this u boat off of point pleasant. i must have put out a half dozen smokes in a doria ashtray before he got to the part about how he just lost two friends on it.
flashbacks to a friend of mine at ginnie telling the story of how he recovered steve berman's body the month before,
i don't think that part was in the first edition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom