The Last Picture Show (for a while)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of surgery? Rotator cuff? I had that. Man, PT was a ***** after that.

It was supposed to be. Turned out the tendon was badly inflamed, not torn. They fixed the torn cartilage, scraped the arthritis off the bones and got rid of the bone spur on my scapula. Seems to be working pretty good already-biggest issue is not to get overconfident and start doing stupid stuff like using it for anything.

I had the same surgery done about a year ago, Larry. Recovery wasn't bad at all. G-d's speed on you recovering, too.

BTW, the photos are really top notch, but that first one...well, that's MY favorite.

Cheers...

Ian

Larry,

DO NOT OVER-DO IT! Even if not over doing it means watching... you guessed it... DAY TIME TV! <gasp!>

A "friend" did not take things as easily as he was supposed to after a medial meniscus repair on his knee. Today, "he" is still has moments of substantial discomfort.

Please keep us informed on your recovery.

Jeff

Take care of yourself, we want to see more pics and if you blow out your shoulder, your recovery will be too long for us. :)

Really nice shots, Larry! I like them nudis, especially the mating ones! :wink:

Ed.

Lary
Look after that shoulder, damage it now and the recovery time will be twice as long.
Looks like a great time to become a photoshop expert, but beware of repetitive injury sitting at the PC for to long.

Don't watch too much daytime TV the brain will turn to complete mush.

Hang in there we enjoy your pictures way to much.

Larry,

A "friend" did not take things as easily as he was supposed to after a medial meniscus repair on his knee. Today, "he" is still has moments of substantial discomfort.

Jeff
Ah, this reminds me of my surgery. The doctor gave me fentanyl after my knee surgery. I was walking around fine and almost didn't wait for the PT to give me crutches and show me how to use them. For hours after the surgery, I didn't use them and walked around all over the place. I was thinking to myself "This surgery is a piece of cake." I go to bed and wake up around 1 am to go the bathroom, put all my weight down on that leg, and promptly fell to the floor screaming in pain. Man, was I glad I had those crutches after that. :rofl3: I don't know if I did any permanent injury to my knee by acting like a jerk, but it still does act up once in a while.

BTW, I don't care how sick I am, if I'm home during the day, I never watch daytime TV. If I wanted a lobotomy, I'd ask a shrink for one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom