The new WICKED BC is coming soon....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess the "aged" look is in.

I couldn't understand it when my now exwife would come home with shopping bags full of ripped clothes that cost twice as much as regular clothing.

I still don't.

ripped-jeans.jpg

It actually costs MORE to produce that stuff...believe it or not.

Just don't go tearing any holes in it, that would be over the top and could present a safety issue.

...that is why I couldn't understand why you kept coming back to this one issue.

:D

I know you can't find enough sewers but maybe training Americans to this job. The economy may recover quicker if there was more jobs in our country. Not just your company Scott there are alot others that is worse I know at least you did not move your whole operation offshore.
. The ONLY thing that I have ever said negative about Zeagle is the over seas issue.

Why do I keep coming back to this issue? Plain and simple, one of the main reasons that I bought Zeagle gear is because it was made in the USA. I understand the reasoning behind moving what I now know is only part of your BC production over seas. It doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I guess I try to hard to see that my fellow American has a job.

There are alot more Americans who feel this way. Thank you for feeling the same about the unemployed Americans.

OK, we have gone way off topic here...

This thread is about the WICKED BC...love it or hate it. :)

I'm gonna do some thread cleaning up tomorrow (if I remember) to keep this on topic - but you guys are more than welcome to start a "product suggestion" thread!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Hate it! And I am by no means anti-Zeagle in fact my Plate and harness are Zeagle and I like them very much. I am not DIR or GUE or UTD or HOG. I don't think there is only one way to do things, in fact if anything I am a proud stroke. But...this seems like a product that was "invented" just to sell something different to gullible consumers. I can't see where this adds anything in the areas of safety, innovation or general product improvement. It does not appear to be appreciably different than existing Zeagle products which are without doubt quality goods. Seems silly to me. On the other hand at least its not stupid like the push button BC. I guess its your money and you can spend it however you want. Just an old curmudgeon who wanted to vent. So that's my .02 as worthless as it may be.
Gary

Last edited:
Personally I would not buy it, but if it gets more people to dive it's a good thing.

adam

I don't think that designing a new BCD that's got an aged look and some nice features is going to get more people diving. Its an alternative piece of gear for those who are ALREADY diving.

I saw it at the Chicago dive show and like it..... fancy Ranger.

I made the mistake of selling my Stiletto as my shop requires us to use Aqualung products.

I'll buy another Z. BCD soon, either Ranger or Stiletto, possible a Wicked ??? To use when I'm not "Shop Diving".

It looks neat. Probably will function the same as any other ranger. I seem to recall Ford recently introducing and selling a off-road race ready F-150 aka Raptor. I believe someone at the introduction asked the same question, "why". And the speaker said, "because we can". And its actually a hot selling "niche" item.

I'm guessing that is what the wicked's roll is as well.

Recession aside, there are still some people that are willing to spend a few more bucks just to be different or have something different. Those of us that are probably a wee bit more conscientious when it comes to spending money would maybe pick up the original.

One thing though is that the inflator / hose assembly sure looks a lot longer than the one on my ranger. Its one thing I dislike about it other than mine was made in China. Oh, and it says Ranger and I'm in the Air Force. So I catch a lot of heat - lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom